Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody sell 131 1/2" Resaw King blades?

Does anybody sell 131 1/2" Resaw King blades?

I did a Google search and I can’t find ANYBODY who sells the Resaw King bandsaw blade in this length. I have seen good reviews for this blade and I would like to try it, but it seems nobody sells on that will fit my bandsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morley View Post
    I did a Google search and I can’t find ANYBODY who sells the Resaw King bandsaw blade in this length. I have seen good reviews for this blade and I would like to try it, but it seems nobody sells on that will fit my bandsaw.
    Laguna is the ultimate source of the RK, although now Rockler and some Woodcrafts carry them in "sizes" but they come from Laguna. Order any length you need from Laguna, they will weld anything you want.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I think if you contact Laguna, they will make a blade any length you want.

Thank you for your quick replies. I tried the Laguna web site and it would not let me enter 131 1/2 inches into the order form. 130" or 132" are allowed, but not 132.5" . I guess I will have to call them to place an order.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morley View Post
    Thank you for your quick replies. I tried the Laguna web site and it would not let me enter 131 1/2 inches into the order form. 130" or 132" are allowed, but not 132.5" . I guess I will have to call them to place an order.
    Yep, it is supposed to let you put in the length with "other" but it has never worked. Give 'em a call on Monday.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

let me guess you have a grizzly 17" bs. Don't sweat it go up or down a half and be done. I love my resaw king! Dont' forget to mention you are a member here and get a big discount! made a huge price difference. Order it direct from Laguna!

I have a King bandsaw that is 131 1/2" blade lenght. I ordered that size over the phone from Laguna, and they shipped me out the wrong size. (Lucky for me it was too long). I called them back to complain and they gave me a hard time as they insisted it was my fault and I should have to pay to get the defective blades shipped back to them, but eventually did re-ship the correct size blades. As it would cost me over $40 to ship the bladed back to them, they agreed to let me keep the defective blades. I might look into if it's easy to get some place like BC Saw to shorten and re-weld the ones that were significantly too long as a consolation prize for the hassle dealing with Laguna.

Wasn't there some way to get a massive discount on Resaw Kings at one time through someone on SMC? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. I'm getting ready to order a couple, hopefully monday morning, so I'd love to track done the cheapest way to get one of these things. I can't believe I'm actually a little excited over a bandsaw blade. I can't wait to get this thing in my shop to see what it can do.

Someone told me to call and say I was a SMC member and they will give it to u. I did and it worked. Sweet discount too. Aparently they are a big supporter of us creekers. I have to say it's the best addition to my Griz 17" I ever made. Once I got it set up and tuned, I've never put another blade on.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    Someone told me to call and say I was a SMC member and they will give it to u. I did and it worked. Sweet discount too. Aparently they are a big supporter of us creekers. I have to say it's the best addition to my Griz 17" I ever made. Once I got it set up and tuned, I've never put another blade on.
    I think their normal discount is 25% or thereabouts, but I seem to recall someone blowing these things out at $80 each, or something ridiculous like that. I wish I could remember the details. It must have just been a promo or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Yep, it is supposed to let you put in the length with "other" but it has never worked. Give 'em a call on Monday.
    Thanks I will call them. It is amazing to me that they haven't fixed the order form. I'm a software developer not a web page designer, but I know I could make it work within an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    let me guess you have a grizzly 17" bs. Don't sweat it go up or down a half and be done. I love my resaw king! Dont' forget to mention you are a member here and get a big discount! made a huge price difference. Order it direct from Laguna!
    Yes I do have a 17" Grizzly bandsaw. I was tempted to order a 132" blade, but at over $200, it is an experiment that I decided no to try. Have you done this?

Thanks for the info about the discount, I will mention it when I call to place my order on Monday.
    Last edited by Wayne Morley; 06-24-2012 at 11:22 AM.

I think that discount was a 1-time thing. But let us know what you find out!

I have one that came with my Grizzly 17" saw that the previous owner order. I love it.

Matt, Sanders Tools will cut and re-weld that blade for about $7.50 and shipping both ways if you get fed up with them helping you. They are in Peoria IL. They do all my blade resizing.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Just for reference, shills for sawblade.com, bandsawparts.com and 4-5 more feeder sites are showing up on Woodworking forums over the last couple of weeks, they are always new accounts, respond to bandsaw threads and use links to these sites or their feeders.

The mods got rid of the post...

BTW the uber deep discounts for RKs were them selling off the older stock, they were not variable pitch and it may have been old enough that the tooth composition was the old type, in any event it is long gone.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 06-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.