Thread: Why I deal with Lee Valley

Thumbs up Why I deal with Lee Valley

So over night I could hear the water dripping outside but I wasn't going to go out with a flashlight to turn it off at three in morning. When I woke up I went out to investigate and found that a hose manifold that I had recently purchased from Lee Valley had developed a crack and was leaking. At 7:15 on a Sunday morning I sent off a complaint email and received a reply from a real person in less than 10 minutes saying that a replacement manifold would be in the mail on Monday morning, no need to return the defective one.

This is the way to run a business.

I already purchase a large portion of my tools from them but this just gives me more reason to shop there.

Rob knows how to run a business, old-school sytle. It's hard to find an unhappy LV customer, I feel the same way, if LV has it, I buy from them first. Their tools are first rate, customer service the best in the business IMO.... I hope they soon open a USA location, maybe down south, so they can ship faster to the rest of the USA... I am sure the store would be a smashing success.

Well I hope the new store is not within driving distance or I will go broke!!!
    I am just one of the legion of fan boys for LV.
    Here in the wasteland of Louisiana I don't have access to any WWing stores.

I agree completely. Hands down the best customer service I've ever experienced. I was gathering all of the Lee Valley products that I've purchased to show off to a buddy. Once I had all of them out on my bench, I realized just how much business I've provided them these last few years! At least two mortgage payments worth!

I agree with all of the above. Great company and excellent products. If you can't be pleased by Lee Valley, you just can't be pleased.
    Oh, and GREAT catalog cover photos too.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Good afternoon. Now that my school bus driving is done for the summer, I am catching up on reading.
    I looked up Lee Valley's webpage and they apparantely have a location in Ogdensburg NY.

There are two order forms, one Cdn., one US.
    814 Proctor Avenue, Ogdensburg, N.Y. 13669-2205
    CC #:
    PHONE
    :
    1-800-871-8158
    SHOP ONLINE
    :
    MAIL
    :
    P.O. Box 1780
    Ogdensburg, N.Y. 13669-6780
    As my grandfather once told me, "Think, and I am sure you will find a harder way to do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Leftley View Post
    Good afternoon. Now that my school bus driving is done for the summer, I am catching up on reading.
    I looked up Lee Valley's webpage and they apparantely have a location in Ogdensburg NY.
    That's not a store, Tom. Their only retail stores are in Canada. On the US side it is strictly mail order.
    "It's Not About You."

Yep. And all this love is making me want to go place an order...... Am sure I can find 'something' to buy...