Thread: Today was a beautiful Day

Cool Today was a beautiful Day

I miss posted this posting last evening.

Ref: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...326#post165326

... Today was beautiful, you could not have asked for a nicer day for mowing than we got today, God was very rewarding, not too hot nor too cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better than today. I cut about 3 acres in about 1 ½ hours, including considerable trim work, with the new mower. Each mower is different, they all have their own characteristics. This one is like flying a small plane. Constant drone of the engine and mower deck reminded me of when I used to fly, very sweet sound. And that is with ear plugs. With most new machines, it takes a little longer to get up to speed but I suspect it won't be long before I'll be up to full power with this sweetheart of a mower.

.... So, was I the only one who cut grass today? Or is everybody waiting for someone else to go first ?

Boyd
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 04-06-2005 at 9:02 AM.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

I used to mow grass for a living, it was a fun job. I really did enjoy it but it didnt' pay very well. Something about a lot of people wanting to ride around on a mower all day
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Snow still in the yard, should take another week to disappear. After that another week to dry out and then another couple for the grass to revive and start growing. I have, however gotten the snowblower put away and the lawn tractor out and have even thought of sharpening the blades - wait what is that I hear - Oh Yea, it's the lathe calling - oh well, I guess the tractor can wait then!
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    I used to mow grass for a living, it was a fun job. I really did enjoy it but it didnt' pay very well. Something about a lot of people wanting to ride around on a mower all day
    Jeff,
    Your living in the wrong part of the world. Lawn service is HUGE around here. There are alot of guys driving real nice cars and taking the winters off by doing lawns. It is unreal. Our area is loaded with alot of NYC money so people don't want to spend their time off mowing I guess. There are literally guys making money like they are doctors and lawyers. Who would would think. Most don't pay the guests from south of the border that do the work for them too much though.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.