Thread: JDS Industries warehouse

JDS Industries warehouse

I just realized I'm not all that far from the Baltimore/D.C. JDS Inudstries warehouse. Does anyone know if you can go into these to shop for and/or pick up orders or is it just a shipping warehouse?

Thanks!
    Joel M
    New Owner April 2012
    ULS VLS 4.60 50W

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Matteson View Post
    I just realized I'm not all that far from the Baltimore/D.C. JDS Inudstries warehouse. Does anyone know if you can go into these to shop for and/or pick up orders or is it just a shipping warehouse?

Thanks!
    Joel M
    Joel,
    I used to live in the Charlotte NC area and JDS had a warehouse there. What I used to do was call in my orders through the regular order placement process and specify that warehouse. I could run up there, it would be ready and I was out of there in minutes. If you are a JDS customer, you can go to their website and look at the inventory at every warehouse they have. I don't live there anymore and get my orders from another warehouse via UPS.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I usually pick up my orders from the St. Louis Warehouse. Just call ahead and they'll have them ready for you.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Joel,
    If you order on-line, in the comments section just state to hold for customer pick-up and the date/time. Sure saves on shipping costs.
    Rudy

45-WATT Epilog Mini-24, CorelDraw X6,
    Wacom Intuos Tablet, Flame Polisher
    George Knight DC16 Heat Press
    BJ890 Muli-Function Mug Press
    Ricoh GX e3300n printer
    Vacc-U-Press VP3030

I usually call in my order , tell that I will pick it up. I have called at 8 am and picked up after 1 pm same day... Make sure you have the address. The warehouse is not on Patx. Prky, rather in the buildings behind. I did take a scenic tour one day as google maps would not co-operate ... hth, nancyBe!
    Xenetech xlt1325,
    Corel 13,
    Rayzist 2034 blastcabinet

We go to JDS very regularly (3-5 times a week). Place the order online (best online "shopping cart" out of any of the suppliers) and the order will typically be ready in 30 minutes as long as it isn't a bunch of 1's and 2's or some huge order.

As for shopping, they have some items displayed at ours (I imagine every warehouse is slightly different). If you want to look at an item before buying it, you can do that and if you don't like it, simply tell them to put it back. You're not really supposed to do this for 10 items but they understand you can't buy items without seeing it first all the time. You shouldn't pay any restocking fees as long as you don't pick up the item. You can also buy from JDS using a sample account and get case pricing if you want to fill a show room or get a sample for a customer.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to know I can likely swing by there after work and not pay shipping every time. I'll certainly look into it for our next order!

JM
    New Owner April 2012
    ULS VLS 4.60 50W