Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Andy Griffith

RIP Andy Griffith

Sorry to hear of Andy's passing. I kind of feel funny admitting this, but most of the characters he played on TV were role models for many, including me.

Perry

I liked him too. Not any better (funnier) story tellers. Always sad to say goodbye. Nonetheless, bye Andy and thanks.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

He will be missed! RIP Andy.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

He was one of the good guys for sure. RIP.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

I wish we had more Andy shows and less reality shows. My neice and nephew called me Aunt B (Bea) for years because we watched the Andy Griffith show together when they came to my house. You'll be missed Ange.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

RIP Andy, you were a class act.
    A lot of the giants of BC (before color) television are passing. Most young people today have no idea how really good television once was.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I seem to remember "The Darlings" performing this song on the show, Will the Circle be Unbroken. Am I wrong? I know they performed a lot of gospel songs when on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRJLkNqNXI

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Somewhere souls are laughing their butts off since Andy and Barney are back together again! Do souls have butts? RIP Andy!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

R I P Andy

Andy had some great stories about the actress who played Aunt Bea. She was quite the diva.

Agreed. What a wonderful human being. RIP Andy!

Sad... .
    Really sad.
    Nothing will ever take the place of these old B&W shows.

His passing marks the loss of another American icon. I'll use Bob Hope's words: Andy, thanks for the memories.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

For years I have said when I pass on, I don't want to go to heaven...
    I want to go to Mayberry.. sit and pick guitar with Andy on the porch, eat Aunt Bea's home made ice cream... hang out with Goober and Gomer down at Wally's garage.....and just think about all that wonderfull hardwood growing in the moutains (course you have to get by Ernest T Bass and the Darleen's to get it)
    and maybe just maybe me n' Otis will slip past Barney and stop by the sisters and see if they have any of Daddy's "cold remedy"
    Now I guess Andy will be waiting on me when I get there...

I normally don't weigh in on RIP threads. It's the way of the world. Good Lord, though...what a giant. If there's a heaven, and I believe there is, I hope to see him there.