Thread: Laser Mask & business card holder

Laser Mask & business card holder

These are two completely separate questions but I have a wooden plaque that I need to mask, engrave and colorfill. I do not generally have to colorfill my products so I never use masking. I have the paper mask now can I raster through it so that I can colorfill? Like I said I have never had to use mask so I don't know the proper procedure. Now for question two, I am looking for a nice stainless business card case for a client that she wants the front to open up as opposed to the end opening. I am not having any luck finding a plain stainless holder. Does anyone have a source for stainless card cases?

Cindy, have you seen the Chewbarka ones?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

hi cindy
    yes thats how its done you apply the paper mask tape then engrave thru it.
    greetings
    walt

You will get better results by vector cutting the mask, then remove it from the letters/graphics with tweezers without moving the piece, then raster. Sometimes your raster will not go all the way thru, leaving adhesive residue that interferes
    with the color fill adhesion.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Try laserbits for the case
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

You can raster through masking tape (with a 60w Universal add 10% power). If you are using water based paint it pays to use fairly heavy masking tape, enamal via a spray can usually no problem.