Thread: Pencil cup for LOML

Pencil cup for LOML

Last project from my 5 day weekend (no shop time tomorrow... )

The piece of cherry seemed the right size for a pencil cup, so off I went. Met my wife when we were both living in St Thomas 30ish years ago, so the laser engraving is significant. BLO, WTF & buffed before engraving. Thanks for looking.

STT-Pencil-Cup1.jpgSTT-Pencil-Cup2.jpgSTT-Pencil-Cupbase.jpg
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

Steve that is a beauty. Really well done and like the engraving.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice keepsake! The engraving sure adds a different element to a turning! I am sure your wife will love it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

A lovely & thougtful keepsake. Good job!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Very nice Steve. I have had very little shop/turning time lately. Will try to post some pics later of what I have been doing. I am sure the wife LOVES that cup, you did a great job with the laser as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Eaton View Post
    little shop/turning time lately. Will try to post some pics later of what I have been doing.
    That's more the rule than the exception around here. Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to, Russell.
    Steve \o/

Yep, make em pens and pencils, and they'll need cups to hold them. My wife has two cups now. Very nice job.

But why would you move from St. Thomas to Marietta? Don't get me wrong, I have friends that used to live there. But St. Thomas?

Yes, I grew up near the ocean, and still wonder how I got land locked.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    But why would you move from St. Thomas to Marietta? Don't get me wrong, I have friends that used to live there. But St. Thomas?
    Got "rock fever". There was only so much for a young fellow to do on a 3x13 mile piece of rock - I saw too many folks come down and drink/smoke themselves into oblivion. Wasn't going down that road. We still fly down and visit every couple of years, though. It's still a nice place to visit!
    Steve \o/

Steve, great looking pencil cup. I really like that 1st photo. When I look at it, the circular grain pattern makes me think of the world with your USVI laser engraved as an enlarged view of the islands on top of the world view. Laser effect definately adds another dimension to your cup.
    Billy