Thread: Bosch carving vise

Bosch carving vise

Anyone have the Trent Bosch pneumatic carving vise? It looks good but you never know until you use it.

Thanks

Todd

It's wonderful and so is Trent. He's one of the most solid, honest and talented guys you'll ever have the pleasure to deal with or meet.

Don Geiger

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post
    Anyone have the Trent Bosch pneumatic carving vise? It looks good but you never know until you use it.

Thanks

Todd

It is very good .... I do not have the PNEUMATIC but use the standard all the time

I have had the stand one for 2 years also and it has held up well.

Thanks Guys. It looks good and with your confirming comments -- looks like I will have to get it.

~Todd

I watched Trent's demo in St Paul and immediately bought his manual carving vise/chuck holder. I have used it a couple times and really like it. If I did as much carving on my turnings as Trent does, I would want the power vise version. But for the price difference and the less time I use mine.... it works great. 1" post, FYI.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Been using mine for three years now. have the stand attached to a work bench. also use it on the banjo of the Powermatic
    Great tool, great guy, his wife and girls are also great, (great family) always pleasant to talk to when they have a booth set up at some of the symposiums.
    "If a tree falls in the forrest, and no one is around, do you make a bowl out of it?" (Jerry Rhoads)

For the budget mined or want to try carving group I have seen the use of a trailer receiver and the trailer ball used as a vice. Bolt or clamp the receiver to the bench leaving room to clamp the ball tight. The bolt on most trailer balls is 1 x 8 thread. That fits most chucks.
    Member Illiana Woodturners