Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Okay...Where's Our Party?....

Congratulations to you and your Wife that is a awesome acomplishment for sure!
    Grandpa always told me. "A good woodworker is not one that makes no mistakes. A good woodworker is one who knows how to cover up his mistakes."

Congratulations to you and your bride, Wally! May you two enjoy good health and many more blessed years together. My wife and I have been married about a quarter as long (which just got us the "Marathon Award" at my 20th HS reunion!)
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

That's an outstanding achievement! Congratulations to you both!

According to Wikipedia the traditional gift for a 70th wedding anniversary is platinum. It doesn't say whether you are the giver or the receiver.

Congrads Wally. And i thought my 35 years was something.

my wife ann. is this month also July 18, we been married for a quarter of a century, you and your wife have been married almost since I were born

Wally few things in life do I find more honorable than a couple with a long marriage. I respect you for that as well as your obvious turning talent. Well done sir.

Congratulations Wally! What a great thing to hear.

I have told my wife I'd like us to make the 75 year anniversary...but her response suggests she might be tired of me before then!
    Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Congrats! You're always an inspiration and in so many different ways. My father just had his 92nd birthday and did it with his sense of humor and mental faculties intact. You guys are truly "the best generation."

Congrats Wally. I hope I can celebrate that many years with my wife.

Congratulations! My father, also a WW2 Navy vet, is still around (92); my parents' 65th anniversary would have been next month.

Wally, As many have already said, it is a testament to love and joy, but pure and true friendship that a couple shares to make it to such a grand milestone in a life together. It took me 4 times to find the right lady to spend the rest of my life with and my problem was that I kept falling for Redheads! But my darling bride now is a blond and loves me even with all my faults, God bless her for she is mhy savior.

May you have a blessed meal and the pleasure of each others company on this glorius day,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Hey Wally, That's amazing. Your bride still kept you even with a turning addiction. There's hope for me. We're forty years married and Gwen is more patient with me today than ever. God bless you both and have many more years together. Just keep on keeping on.
    faust

Well, a BIG congrats is in order. You have a few years on me. I'm at 18yrs now.

Wally, I want to wish you and your bride all the best!!! Great life, great contribution, and an inspiration to many.