Thread: Kitchen Cabinet HELP

Kitchen Cabinet HELP

I'm getting ready to start building some kitchen cabinets. I am looking for a good source that has good details with cabinet dimensions. Are there also any good places to find kitchen cabinets plans? I really like designing my own projects, but I find I spend 4 times as long when I'm doing the engineering. Not to mention trying to correct mistakes because I forget to take something into consideration. I'm way behind schedule to complete our kitchen remodel and hoped to make up some ground if I follow a good set of plans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How about a book?

There are a number of books on cabinet building and kitchen remodeling. A good place to browse for books is Home Depot - near the front door there is usually a do-it-yourself book rack. If you have a local Rockler store, they also have a good selection of how-to books.

Woodcraft should also have some books. If you have one close, they also teach classes and have employees that might be able to help.

I just made my own kitchen cabinets and used this book. First time doing anything like this. Highly recommended.

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/comments.htm

Craig<SCRIPT> pv('http://www.cabinetmaking.com/comments.htm','1', 600) </SCRIPT>

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lopez
    I'm getting ready to start building some kitchen cabinets. I am looking for a good source that has good details with cabinet dimensions. Are there also any good places to find kitchen cabinets plans? I really like designing my own projects, but I find I spend 4 times as long when I'm doing the engineering. Not to mention trying to correct mistakes because I forget to take something into consideration. I'm way behind schedule to complete our kitchen remodel and hoped to make up some ground if I follow a good set of plans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've looked through quite a few books. Most have good general information. Some are rather poor. But either way, I have not found a decent book yet that talks to actual dimensions. Basically the books talk to genral construction methods.

I attended the Woodworking show in Houston this past weekend and heard a great tip for cabinet-making ideas. Visit one of the BORGs and pick up one of their kitchen cabinet booklets. In the back of the booklet there will be a line drawing of the various cabinets offered with dimensions.