Thread: hvlp

hvlp

Can anyone shed any light on the quality of a Fuji Q3 HVLP system?

I have a 6 year old 3 turbine system fuji. Solidly built.

Very happy with the performance. Filters and consumables are available from amazon.

MK

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Khan View Post
    I have a 6 year old 3 turbine system fuji. Solidly built.

Very happy with the performance. Filters and consumables are available from amazon.

MK
    I've had a Q4 for 2 years and use it frequently...It's a solid machine and performs as advertised. A word of caution on the optional 6' flex whip hose: it's brittle and if you stand or walk on it it will crack/leak. After numerous dust tape patches I gave up and threw it away. It's not really a necessary accerssory; I've not missed it a bit.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Just FYI the project finishing forum has a TON of HVLP threads and info in it.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I've had a Q4 for 2 years and use it frequently...It's a solid machine and performs as advertised. A word of caution on the optional 6' flex whip hose: it's brittle and if you stand or walk on it it will crack/leak. After numerous dust tape patches I gave up and threw it away. It's not really a necessary accerssory; I've not missed it a bit.
    Interesting. I've used the flex hose for roughly 10 years with no problems and wouldn't consider trying to spray anything other than a flat panel without it.

I've had the Q3 for about three years. It performs flawlessly. It is so simple to use, if I have not needed it's services for a while I can pick it up and use it as if it had been a daily tool. I have no problems with the whip hose. If you get a good price, snap it up!
    Trees. Tools. Time.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was in such a rush to post I forgot about the finishing group. Apologies for not posting this in a more appropriate forum. I have found a good price so I am going to "snap it up" as advised. Thanks again.

To my earlier comment about the crappy quality of the whip hose, I can, as of this morning, add that the primary hose that connects to the turbine cracked at the coupling rendering the gun useless right in the middle of a large cabinet finishing job, GDI. The sprayer gets a lot of use but that hose was not abused and should have lasted longer than 2.5 years. While I'm please with the quality of the turbine and sprayer, the hoses are crap.

Update: I was able to repair the hose coupling with a female brass garden hose repair coupling. The hose failed where the original coupling was crimped onto it. I suspect heat from the turbine, which is very intense at the point of exit, contributed to the failure. I anticipate having to do another repair in a year or 2.
    Last edited by scott vroom; 07-14-2012 at 6:04 PM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.