Thread: Video - Lidded Box Demo

Video - Lidded Box Demo

If anyone is interested, the lidded box demo I did last week was filmed, and today posted by our club president to our website. It has been edited, the box was not completely hollowed out or turned because of time and heat issues the day of the demo.

I jumped from part to part, which left me with trying to go back and redo a couple of things when it came to fitting the lid, and finishing off the bottom. Most of the sequence is there for the learning...........this might be good for new turners or anyone who just likes to see a turning video......teaching others never goes as smoothly as your own work in your own shop!!! ......the link is below:

http://www.woodturnersofthevirginias...va_gallery.htm
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 07-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice video Roger! It's nice to put a face to your work and get a bit of your personality with it. Your boxes are bigger than I expected, perspective gets kinda lost in photos. You did well and it's certainly a good video for any turner to watch, you explain the process very clearly.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post
    Nice video Roger! It's nice to put a face to your work and get a bit of your personality with it. Your boxes are bigger than I expected, perspective gets kinda lost in photos. You did well and it's certainly a good video for any turner to watch, you explain the process very clearly.
    Thanks Rick..........that size box allowed for all the folks in the room to see more of what I was doing........there was also a screen over to my right out of frame where the cuts were being shown in large display with a video projector. I only wish the time would have allowed me to complete the entire box instead of jumping around from part to part........kinda got me off my game a little!

And since that video was made on July 7th..........I have started a diet and exercise program........I am stocky built anyway and the camera makes me look bigger than I am! I have lost 16 pounds and am going much lower! I know .........more information than you wanted!

Great video Roger. I know what you mean about the camera adding weight.
    Owner: Silver Knight Studios
    Vice President Illiana Woodturners

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Myroup View Post
    Great video Roger. I know what you mean about the camera adding weight.
    Thanks a lot Jeff!

Great video for someone like myself who is just starting in woodturning. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Massery View Post
    Great video for someone like myself who is just starting in woodturning. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks Russ!

Great job Roger. Nice to put a face to a name. Don't worry about the camera adding any weight, there are worst things in life.

Very well done Roger and thanks for posting this, very interesting and informative. Like has been said, it is indeed very nice to put a face to your name.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Roland Martin View Post
    Very well done Roger and thanks for posting this, very interesting and informative. Like has been said, it is indeed very nice to put a face to your name.
    Thanks Roland! The darth vader look with that facemask kinda becomes me, don't you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Thanks Roland! The darth vader look with that facemask kinda becomes me, don't you think!
    Very becoming indeed, I do commend you for wearing the facemask for the demo, seems though very few do.