Thread: Hot Glue Gun Recommendation????

Hot Glue Gun Recommendation????

I'd like to try hot gluing a blank to a sacrificial blank (which is in turn, mounted to a faceplate). I know the trick is getting the glue sufficiently hot and that most craft type guns won't bring the glue to the temperature needed. Anyone have a specific recommendation for a gun?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Out of my area Glen...except to say that there are several different glue consrtucts that conform to the need...temp...adheasion time, bonding time, so on. Shop and compare
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Terry Scott ( in his Manta Ray DVD ) uses Bostik industrial hot melt glue and gun.
    He does not have the model listed, but it looks like a BTG-4. ( Wow , they are not cheap )
    He uses a lot of hot melt for mounting and attaching supports so I will go with that.

Mark.

i bought my mini-hot gun and refills at Lowe's, i believe it was made by Arrow, but all you need is the mini

i use it on the multi-axis wall hangings i do, i anchor the blank with two screws through the mdf about 1/4 inch into the blank, then hot glue the edges

I've been using whatever brand Home Depot carries for sometime now. Takes a few minutes for the glue to get addequately hot...but has never failed me and I use hot glue on almost every piece I turn.

Glen - Take your 40% off of one item coupon from Michaels and buy the best they have. Use it until it fails. Toss it in the trash. Buy another one at 40% off. These things are disposable. Don't spend a lot of money buying some premium quality glue gun. - John