Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitchen Design Issue--looking for ideas

That's a good solution, Matt (re: the drawing). But consider running the uppers (above the fridge) all the way to the ceiling. That area up there will just collect, among all the old baskets, bowls and other knicknacks you rarely use, greasy dust. I have that sort of space all around my kitchen, and while we loved the notion of putting all our old bowls and antique scales, etc, up there, it's a major pain to keep clean. The fewer of those kinds of volumes in a kitchen, I think, the better.

We've got a cathedral ceiling in there so I have to stop before the ceiling (or make complicated boxes).

When I was planning out kitchen remodel I spend a lot of time on the Garden Web (kichens) websire. (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath/) It is a forum where many people(mostly women) discuss various aspects of kitchen remodeling. Every good idea I got for our remodel such as toe kick drawers, 30 inch countertops, counter depth fridges ,plexi-liner flour and sugar drawers, etc.I got from there. Anyone who is contemplating a kitchen remodel would find a wealth of ideas on there.

We got one of the LG refridgerators, with freezer on the bottom. It's got the ice maker on the door as well, but compared to other brands, LG's icemaker is rather compact so doesn't take up much more space than the bottle racks on the doors. This was one of the main reasons we got the LG.

As for the design. I think you've got a good solution there.