Thread: Doug Fisher Demonstration - Buffalo / Rochester, NY

Doug Fisher Demonstration - Buffalo / Rochester, NY

Just wanted to give anyone within driving distance of Western NY that the Pembroke Woodturners Guild is having Doug Fisher come in for a demonstration on Saturday the 28th. He is a great woodturner and artist. Take a look at the flyer, and if you can make it, we'd love to have you. It should be a fun and informative day and way more of a value than the $20 cost. We will also have Rockler and Craft Supplies gift certificates to give away, as well as turning blanks, generously donated by the Buffalo, NY Rockler.

Also, the following day we are having a hand's-on workshop back at Pembroke high school and we still have a couple of openings (the class will be limited to 8). The participants will be taught how to do off-center turning as well as carving, coloring and pyrography. At the end of the day, everyone will have made a platter similar to one of Doug's. If anyone would be interested in attending, they need to contact me at 7 1 6 - 8 3 0 - 0 7 4 9. The cost will be $100 for the day and we will start at 9AM and go until about 4 or 5PM. The Pembroke club will subsidize half of the cost ($50) of the hand's-on for a participant if they are willing to come out and give a demo at one of our meetings sometime in the next year.

Thanks.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Wish I could go. He is one demo I really want to see. I love his work. Hopefully he will be in the chicago area some day.
    Owner: Silver Knight Studios
    Vice President Illiana Woodturners