Thread: I've fallen and I can't get up...

I've fallen and I can't get up...

I went to an antique tool auction yesterday. It was one of Martin Donnelly's. I was absolutely blown away.

What started as a hand tool curiosity quickly became an attraction (once I put my hand to an old stanley plane awhile back). Now...it has become an obsession.

Somebody...please...help...me.......

I hear ya, fore me was lie-nielsen plane and mow can't stop the brown truck from bring morr of their tools.

Blog Entries
    This is just one of the reasons I live in the sticks and stay at home.

No yard sales to walk to. No signs pointing to yard sales. No place to spend money for about 10 miles.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Don't worry, I'll save you! Quick, send me all your tools!

Glad I could help
    Steve, mostly hand tools. Click on my name above and click on "Visit Homepage" to see my woodworking blog.

I've heard there is a 12 step group that can help one...
    But I have yet to be able to find it..

Admit it to yourself (as I did) you have fallen and it's so fun you don't even care.
    Good, Better, Best never let it rest
    until your Good is Better and your Better is Best

Member of M-WTCA Area D

There is no help. Give in to the dark side....

Cool All it takes ...

... are just a few more tools, and then you'll have everything you need.

Swoosh!!!! is that sweet sound of fine shavings and rapid sliding down this awesome slope....

Harold, I doubt you will find much help here. Maybe a little push further along the path, some good company but no cures.

Umm, going to one of Martin's auctions is one way of trying to kick the habit. If you shock yourself every time you reach for something in a lot. I haven't been to one of his auctions yet, but I get the fliers...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    Umm, going to one of Martin's auctions is one way of trying to kick the habit. If you shock yourself every time you reach for something in a lot. I haven't been to one of his auctions yet, but I get the fliers...
    I ended buying some stuff. Hand planes. One of the coolest things about it is that I get to go pick up what I bought at Martin's house. He seems like a pretty neat guy.

Bunch of enablers around here.
    Michael Ray Smith

The next couple of days are always full of worry for me. I have to wait for my email from Donnelly saying how my absentee bids did, and how much I owe him. I get a littly twitchy, waiting to see which of those glorious lots I get to call my own in a couple of days. Mortise axes, wood planes from Colonial Williamsburg, a post drill... gotta get my fix soon, and I need to know how much I need to hide from my wife. Should be easier, what with our upcoming move. What's one more box (or four) of tools in a truckload?
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.