Thread: Rustic Eucalyptus bowl

Rustic Eucalyptus bowl

This one has been in a roughed out state for several years I wasnt confident the original shape would do it justice. But the rough out really didnt leave much room to move, so I procrastinated until I got tired of it getting in the way. This one is a swap bowl now resides in the USA.

I find this low shape always a bit of challenge, not much depth to play with, and so its easy stuff the form up and have some over sized saucer

Tasmanian Eucalyptus finshed with DO and left matt, fairly thin wall section aroudn 1/8 to 3/16" with all the voids etc it was a little delicate to turn. The rim line in coffee with CA this sets it off well I thought. Quite a lot of bark inclusion added to the risk as it was finished, over all I think it adds to the appeal.

I like these burls as they are quite soft and easy to turn unlike most other Australian burls and subtle figure comes out well with DO and some buffing, no buffing on this one too many sharp points.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    neil

The wooden Potter

A challenge in rustic turning. I need something like it for a lady in my area.
    C&C WELCOME

Nice piece dffenatly rustic but a nice piece. Did you leave it thick for the rustic look or what.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

I really like this, the matte finish is perfect.

That's a beauty Neil! Great job on getting this as thin as you did! Sure is some pretty wood! Bet the new owner loves it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great looking bowl Neil! Cool looking wood with loads of character and I like the soft finish.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Really nice looking bowl and the finish is spot on.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I like the rustic look of this and the "no finish " look..goes together very well.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe