Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you put panels vertically or flat for spraying? (EM6000)

The only thing I spray vertically is doors (non-cabinet, that is, human) or built-in cabinetry. With doors, I tack the tops together so that the doors are arranged in a zig-zag fashion. This allows both sides to be sprayed in one pass, which is quicker (and thus, more profitable...).

If it's small, or very few in number, lay it down.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Holmes View Post
    If I have room to lay them flat, I will lay them flat. When doing many doors (say a kitchen full) I tend to finish them flat and stand them on edge to dry.
    How do you lift up the doors and move them so they can dry without leaving marks / prints ?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    How do you lift up the doors and move them so they can dry without leaving marks / prints ?
    Not that I know anything, since I'm new at this, but I had the doors resting on scraps slightly elevated from the surface of the table I was spraying on--I could get my fingers underneath and lift them up touching only the dry bottom. I actually dried mine flat too, so I didn't have to think about how to flip them 90*. I think Scott said he lets them level out a bit, so they may also be mostly dry--that EM6000 dries fast.

4. I like to spray them flat. No drips, no runs, no errors.

For a door I use screws as props if you want to handle them. Take two heavy screws. Install them in the bottom of the door about 3 inches from the edge. Pre-drill your holes so as not to split your door Do the same from the top. You can use them between saw horses spraying flat or use them as standoffs spraying vertically.

Jim

5. JimSpraypainting002a.jpg
    Raised Panel door painting aided by gravity (not vertical).