Thread: Old Street Tool

Old Street Tool

Just got a 55 degree smoother in the mail from Larry Williams. I've never seen such a beautiful plane I pulled some gossamer shavings from a block of hard maple, before putting in my tool chest and running off to work on my new shop. No photos yet, but I'm thrilled, since I've been waiting for my order since March 6th
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Congrats. I've got two C&W/Old St, a jack and a joiner, wonderful planes.

Congrats on a fine plane! I've the good fortune to have acquired 2 used C&W smoothers over the years, a 1999 7 3/4" with a 2 1/4" iron and a 6 3/4" with a 1 5/8" iron, both pitched at 55*. They are works of art as well as fantastic users. I'd love to have their jack, joiner, and strike block. Oh, and the plow with the 8 irons would be nice. But that's just fantasy talk.
    Jamie Bacon

Blog Entries
    Congrats! I got to hold a coffin smoother the other day for the first time and loved the feel, I can imagine what a gem you must have.

No picture?

Congrats ... but pics or it didn't happen.

Pics forthcoming... I've been a little busy working on my new timber frame shop and packing my house up for Saturday's big move...
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.