Thread: Which company sells quality 12 inch sanding disc psa paper?

Which company sells quality 12 inch sanding disc psa paper?

I need to replace my disc sanding paper and was wondering if there is a quality paper out there versa the regular red AO papers. I was thinking about getting the Klingspor Blue Aluminum Zirconia in 80 or 100 grit. I do mostly squaring of stock and some stock removal.

Thanks,
    Jack
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

I get all my sandpaper from Industrial Abrasives.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    I get all my sandpaper from Industrial Abrasives.
    +1. Great people to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    +1. Great people to work with.

So their 12" disc sandpaper is good quality? Which grit would you use for stock removal and rough squaring?

Jack
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Gaskins View Post
    So their 12" disc sandpaper is good quality? Which grit would you use for stock removal and rough squaring?

Jack
    I have never purchased the 12" disc, but I have purchased 6x89" belts, 3" rolls for my drum sander, and conveyor belts for my drum sander. I have been happy with prices and quality. I would probably stick wit 80 and 120 grit.

Here locally we have a Klingspor store. I hit the bargin bins for sand paper that is at least 12" wide. Then using circle cutter cut my own disks. I spray back with some disk adhesive, let it dry a couple minutes, and then slap it on the sander. For the sand paper, I pay a buck fifty per pound. This brings my disk cost to about $0.50 per disk. I like 120 / 150 grit.

Thanks Bruce. Was thinkin of getting their Blue AZ paper. Maybe I will look into the bargin bin stuff.

Jack
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Gaskins View Post
    Thanks Bruce. Was thinkin of getting their Blue AZ paper. Maybe I will look into the bargin bin stuff.

Jack
    Only problem with ordering a bargin box, is you have no control over sizes. Shopsmith makes a 12" disk sander and has PSA paper available. You could contact Klingspor about ordering a 12" wide roll of 125, or 150 grit.

All my abrasives are from Industrial Abrasives. Good service and good material if not excillent.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

FWIW, 80 grit is pretty easy to get in trouble with. Try the 120 and see if you like
    Trying to follow the example of the master...