Thread: Laundry Room Remodel

Laundry Room Remodel

Other than counter tops, which will be templated Monday morning, another project in the books. This room had the original 1991 wallpaper and peach paint, original linoleum, cheap builder grade cabinets, holes in the wall someone before me made to fix leaky plumbing for the washer, and holes in the wall I made when we installed the generator. When I removed the cabinets I found an outlet behind them, necessitating more holes.

Bath just got new floors and the vanity. My wife wanted to keep the border she'd chosen back when we painted there.

Floors are Armstrong Alterna. We ended up having this floor installed in about 1/3 of the house.

Cabinets and wainscot are maple stained with many, many cans of General Finishes water based stain and Target EM6000. I don't think I'll ever stain maple again. As a whole it looks good but there are issues if one looks close where the stain didn't take in small spots. Any color variation in the pictures is a product of the camera, other than the casements around the doors which really do vary widely in color throughout the house depending on sunlight.

Counters will be granite. When the kitchen is done, all our other counters will be granite so I didn't want to use something else here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great! I never would have guessed that wainscot was maple. Looks more like cherry in the pictures.

It does look pretty close. In person it has a much oranger appearance than cherry though. And it won't get dark like cherry--not that I don't like that look, but it wouldn't match all our existing millwork. Well sort of match since I've found none of our existing millwork matches color-wise when studied closely.

Looks great Matt, I didnt care to stain maple until I started using water based dye, much better luck IMO. Very nice and functional room, great work.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You have been a busy beaver. I like what you did with the electrical panel.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

+1 on the electrical panel. I shall steal your idea . You do good work Matt. It came out very nice.
    Jeff

The granite was installed this morning.

IMG_0320.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0324.jpg