Thread: Another Mystery saw???

Question Another Mystery saw???

barn sale item, cost me a whopping $.50. Little saw, RED (used to be) handle. 8ppi "Rip saw". Has three steel saw bolts, with a steel plate on one side of the handle. Blade is VERY rusty. IF I can get the handle off, blade will get a good soaking. SDC13181.jpg Blade length is about 14". Question: On the handle is a "Silver" painted "Bugle" with a couple lines of words beside it. Any ideas about what brand this was. I might fix it up for a Grandson to use. New Red paint and all. Just wondering....

That looks like a child's toolkit saw. Like the old "Handy Andy" children's tools before they started making them all out of rubber. Back then,it might have been possible to actual make something with kid's tools.

Maybe by a different line than Handy Andy? ok, a few more pictures, a progress report of sorts..SDC13213.jpgSDC13214.jpg"A", and"B" sides. And, a close-up of that metal plate..SDC13217.jpg still haven't got a single bolt loose, two just sit and spin, though. Might just leave them alone, rather than break one. When i was cleaning the rust off the blade, it looked like there had been a cream, or white coloured stripe out near the toe, about an inch or so wide. Any clues out there...

Some mysteries are best left unsolved.

Blog Entries
    As George said, it could have been from on of the many "kid" sized tool kits.

Heard somewhere the most often missing tool is the saw.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)