Thread: Hey John Keeton!

Hey John Keeton!

Where have you gone, we miss you and your work. I a'm a lurker that came here because of you and D. D. I hope you will be back. I hope alot of you regulars miss him also.

Art

Heck yeah we miss him, and his work! I think he is on a "virtual vacation" from the online life. I can't wait to see what he's been making when he returns
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

I talk with John often, either through email or phone, and he is busy... real busy! He just finished updating his website a short while ago and if you haven't checked it out, it has a totally new look and you can see some of his latest work: http://www.johnkeeton.com/

I know John has been trying to keep up with the gallery demand for his work, get ready to teach a one day course at a new gallery and has been real busy with a huge case at his day job! That and the normal summer time activities have eaten up most of his free time but I do know he checks in on the Creek every day... just doesn't say much!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, Thanks for the update on John. I checked out his website and it is as well executed as his turnings.

Nice looking website. Very impressive...

But it's just like John's workshop. Nary a sign of sawdust anywhere... That just ain't right.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Yes, like you I miss his art, humor and common sense. Life goes on for each of us, just differently.

Tom, in Douglasville, enjoying the ebb and flow of the Creek and all the participants...but missing JK.
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

John indicated he had some seriously short deadlines to meet with his art and some of his legal work. Thus he would be spending less time online at least for the near future. I miss him too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I especially miss his critiques. He has a fantastic eye for form and the ability to give meaningful and constructive criticism. We all enjoy the unconditional love generally given out here but meaningful critique is what we really need to improve.