Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: boot toe protection?

I suspect the easiest path is to call a pro to cut out the offending part and patch it. You do have some carpet tucked away somewhere, right? You ALWAYS save some carpet, so there must be some somewhere.

I'd try a very, very, very small test with something like Oops. If it works, you could spend your evenings doing little 1/2 inch squares at a time. Almost anything has the potential to ruin the carpet, unlike the pristine condition it's in now.

You might have to "freeze it" off. Try putting some dry ice in it for a few moments and then see if you can just crack it off the carpet.

Curtis, I regret hearing that the spray bedliner didn't work; it has stuck to everything here on the farm that I've used it on. Did you clean the application area on your boots with a strong solvent first, such as MEK or laquer thinner?

I think that the only way to get it out of the carpet is to cut it out and splice in a piece (such as from a closet).

Scott

Wait, so Curtis sprayed the toes of his boots on purpose? I thought he meant that he did that by accident while spraying the bed of his truck. One got clean easily, via peeling off 15 minutes later, but one still has some on it, and he is trying to remove the spray from both his other boot and the carpet. Why would he have purposefully sprayed his boot toes?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Wait, so Curtis sprayed the toes of his boots on purpose? I thought he meant that he did that by accident while spraying the bed of his truck. One got clean easily, via peeling off 15 minutes later, but one still has some on it, and he is trying to remove the spray from both his other boot and the carpet. Why would he have purposefully sprayed his boot toes?
    Sprayed my boots toes in an attempt to make it so the leather didnt wear through. the surfaces at work are normaly plywood with drips and stuff from the concrete, so about the same as crawling across sandpaper.

I thought about cutting the carpet, but heres the problem. Its a large carpt that is overtop of hardwood floor, so cutting and patching would be noticable, and the spot is infront of the recliner...... I
    will try the dryice, but doubt it will work. it seams the spray i got is more of a heavy paint than a plastic, so is just peeled off my boots. But the carpet it wont peel, but I will try.

Im gonna make a brass toe cap and polish it up.

If im awake after work tommorow, i will find the can and post the brand and stuff, maybe someone knows a solvent based on the product ingerdients?
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Make stainless steel toe cap, at one time we used metal caps to stop wear on flattracker boots.

Paul

I suggest a throw rug will solve your problem.

I thought about cutting the carpet, but heres the problem. Its a large carpt that is overtop of hardwood floor, so cutting and patching would be noticable, and the spot is infront of the recliner..
    A pro can make that patch invisible.

If im awake after work tommorow, i will find the can and post the brand and stuff, maybe someone knows a solvent based on the product ingerdients?
    There's a good chance anything strong enough to cut the bed liner will destroy the carpet.
    Personally, I'd call in a pro and get an estimate.

Um, okay...yeah.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Instead of making a new thread, the OP should have continued this one:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...toe-protection
    Maybe a Mod will merge them.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

The best spot remover I ever found. So good, I started a thread here at SMC about it:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=stain

There's a remedy so simple we've all failed to see it ....just keep dragging bags of concrete over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    The best spot remover I ever found. So good, I started a thread here at SMC about it:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=stain
    You have carpet in the shop?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night