Thread: GIS Web Site

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

GIS Web Site

Surfing around this morning I visited the General Industrial Supply site as I do periodically. I was suprised to see they have revamped their entire site again and for the better I might add. They now have lots of things other than their large tools/equipment on the site, re: handtools, clamps, routerbits, etc. One drawback from their previous site was difficuly in finding prices on some stuff. At first glance that is not an issue now. However, I haven't found any information on the new site as to their Scratch and Dent (S&D) item prices which can save you a lot of $. I know you can call them (1-800-371-2220) and get S&D prices.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 04-12-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    However, I haven't found any information on the new site as to their Scratch and Dent (S&D) item prices which can save you a lot of $. I know you can call them (1-800-371-2220) and get S&D prices.
    I noticed that as well. IMHO, this will hurt them as many peole might not be aware that they sell S&D stuff.

S&D business segregated

There's a banner link at the bottom of GIS' web site to one www.sentback.com. The two appear to be interconneted; each link to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hulett
    There's a banner link at the bottom of GIS' web site to one www.sentback.com. The two appear to be interconneted; each link to the other.
    John, I saw that, as well but, if that's the grand total of their S&D, then I'm dissapointed. I did email them, complimenting them on their new revisions to the site, though I also inquired as to why they got rid of the S&D pricing. Never got a response. (FWIW, and this is NOT a bash, but them NOT replying to my email inquiries goes back as far as I can remember! My take on that is, as usual, "...if you don't intend to reply to customer (or perspective customer) emails, then don't put the email info there in the first place!) Still, the genereal site itself is a big improvement.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    John, I saw that, as well but, if that's the grand total of their S&D, then I'm dissapointed. I did email them, complimenting them on their new revisions to the site, though I also inquired as to why they got rid of the S&D pricing. Never got a response. (FWIW, and this is NOT a bash, but them NOT replying to my email inquiries goes back as far as I can remember! My take on that is, as usual, "...if you don't intend to reply to customer (or perspective customer) emails, then don't put the email info there in the first place!) Still, the genereal site itself is a big improvement.
    John, I plan a trip to Nashville one day next week to pick up some equipment that GIS is donating as Swap Meet door prizes I will pass this along to Rick Warren. Their current web site is still in the "remake" mode. Maybe they will add more S&D info. The last 2 "remakes" of their wesite is a direct result of comments here on SMC.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    John, I plan a trip to Nashville one day next week to pick up some equipment that GIS is donating as Swap Meet door prizes I will pass this along to Rick Warren. Their current web site is still in the "remake" mode. Maybe they will add more S&D info. The last 2 "remakes" of their wesite is a direct result of comments here on SMC.
    Ken, that's cool! With Web presence being what it is today, I think it would be in their BEST interest to keep info like that "live". I know it's a bit of a pain in the butt to keep updated, as that type of stock is very dynamic. Still, if it helps to expedite sales and keep customers "on top" of what is available, I have to believe they would profit from it.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!