Thread: Ambrosia Maple logs...(updated pics of lumber)

Ambrosia Maple logs...(updated pics of lumber)

It's been about a week since I posted this topic with this picture:am logs.jpgAmbrosia Maple Logs. Log tally was 981 log feet. I knew I would gain some, but when I went to pick up the lumber it sawed out 1500 bf.

Not all of it was as good as the pics of the boards, but almost all of it had streaking. Probably a fourth of it was this loaded with this much streaking:amboard1.jpgamboard2.jpgamboard3.jpg Anyway we had good dry weather, and I put them to bed in my brothers business. I stacked it near the door in the rear of his building:amboard4.jpgand the boys that work there open the rear and front doors everyday so I thought I would get some good air flow going through the stack. I was somewhat reluctant but I wound up selling less than a fourth of the load, but it went a long way in funding this venture. Now I need to just sit tight for a year or so before I can use any of it. I was fortunate enough to buy a large amount earlier in the Summer that had been sitting for a couple of years (it's as good or better than this) so I won't have to be in any hurry to start using these boards I got today. Anyway glad to have this job done for now.

Thanks for reading.

Robert

It will dry faster than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Hamsley View Post
    It will dry faster than you think.
    I hear what your saying, but unfortunately that back half of the building where the lumber is isn't climate controlled. Still I guess it will dry faster than stickered outdoors...

Very nice lumber. I could look at pics like those all day. Thanks for sharing.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln