Thread: Unisaw Gloat

Unisaw Gloat

WOW!!!
    Just scored on a 1956 Uni. with 1-1/2 h.p. "Bullet Motor". No motor cover but other than the top looking like it was used buy someone for an anvil, it is in great shape. Runs perfect. Needs a good cleanup, sanded, primered and painted. I am going to trash the old fence and put a "T Square" style fence on it, build or buy. Now, if I can figure out how to put a picture on here, will see if I can claim it as a real gloat! Oh, did I mention it cost me $125.00?
    Dickuni 007.jpguni 006.jpguni 001.jpg

YOU SUCK!

Good find, next you can post pics of the rehab since you have the picture thing down now!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Dust door by itself is at least 75.00,motor @ 200,lock knobs around 50-75 pair,hand wheels 75.00 plus,wings around 50 ea,plinth 50 or alittle less and if theres a dust pan around 25 or so.As Van said YOU SUCK
    Congrads----Carroll

Dick, you apparently think of table saws like I think of bandsaws, there is never enough of them.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I will admit the old girl looks a bit rough now but will look better when winter comes and I have time to work on it. Love bringing these old saws back from the dead. Found out how to post pictures now so will show an old Clausing cabinet saw and a Craftsman cabinet saw, both about the same age as the Uni, that I restored. Everyone needs three cabinet saws in their shop!uni 010.jpguni 015.jpg

Oh, that's a great find. Those bullet motors have a lot more power than their ratings suggest. Might be good to change the bearings in the arbor and motor as long as you're going to take it all apart for the rehab. I have a 1950 and it runs like a champ. Congrats.

John

Well, you just suck big time. I've been looking for that very saw for a couple of years. Not much in the way of them here in Arkansas, but my daughter lives in Eugene, OR so I watch some of the Oregon Craigslists as well.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Class-ic. And three of them too.

Rick Potter

DSCN0100.jpg DSCN0105.jpg DSCN0103.jpg DSCN0101.jpg

Said I was going to work on the old Unisaw this winter but it just kept calling to me till, just to stop it's whimpering, I gave in and worked it over. I built a new Biesemeyer clone fence with the adjusting buttons to rub on the front of the rail to keep it lined up when moving and a 30" to the right cut. Had the case sand blasted and it cleaned up very nice. Biggest job was getting the top in shape. All in all, I think it turned out rather nice. Now, after a lot of thought and no room for three saws in my shop, I guess I am going to have to find a new home for it as I won't part with the other ones.
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick Brown; 09-01-2012 at 1:35 AM.

A real beauty. Amazing work. Thank you for sharing those with us. Its new home will have a saw for life.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Very nice restoration.

Sure looks great! Wish I had your skills. Someone is gonna get a jewel.

Joe
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Incredible work! I don't know what your woodworking is like but your machine restoration is phenomenal. Thanks for posting your before and after photos. Again awesome job!

so in addition to the purchase price, what is your current "all in" on the saw?