Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festool online retailer suggestions

Festool online retailer suggestions

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Festool Sander. Since it's set pricing with no discounts, does anyone have a favorite retailer that is better than the rest he would recommend? Thank you.

Tool Nut
    Bob Marino
    Hartville Tool
    Woodcraft

Bob Marino
    McFeelys
    Amazon
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If I where in the USA .. I would buy from Bob Marino..

Bob Marino or Tool Home (Tom Bellamare)

Wall Lumber is also a Festool Dealer, and they are great folks to work with.

My only experience with Festool came just last week. I ordered a 700xl domino from Bob Marino on Tuesday morning, had it the next afternoon (UPS), and with free shipping. Possibly the best service I have ever had. My next Festool purchase will definitely be with Bob Marino.
    I do it right, cause I do it twice.

I also say Bob Marino. You can email him with any question and he replies quickly. Great customer service!

Oh, I forgot to add Woodwerks.

Nothing against dealers like Bob, ToolNut, and Woodwerks, but the chances of getting a defective tool are minimal, making after-sale support almost uneeded. I did get a sweatshirt that wasn't up to my expectations (it shrank badly and unevenly on the first wash) and Bob took care of it. My buying lately has been more along the lines of "who's site can I find it at and get checked out the easiest." which means ToolNut, who sells a lot through Amazon has been winning for accessories. If I need it quick, Amazon, Woodwerks or Hartville win (though Hartville recently switched from using UPS as their default shipping which means they no longer ship "overnight" to me.) And I try to spread it around a little. Honestly, they are all great for different reasons.

You only asked about online. If my local Woodcraft has what I want in stock, I buy it from them.

With the prices being the same everywhere, consider finding a local reseller, to support their business. It's tough making it when you're small and they probably sell other things you like too!
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Jim, Many times my local guys say they have to order items too. Thats a hard sell when their shipments take longer than amazon and then you have to go back in and pay sales tax upfront ( ).

I've purchased from Amazon and Tool Nut with great experiences from both. With Tool Nut, I called up with a question on a Saturday afternoon and reached a human being. If I buy more Festool it'll likely be from them.

Ill say this too - Folks at amazon are working tonight on the Sunday before a holiday Monday for many of us.

I bought a sander locally, had to wait ten days or so, and paid sales tax on it. I've purchased from Bob Marino before with no problems.

Hard sell, perhaps... but...

Do you find you local supplier convenient??

How many local suppliers have gone out of business because they couldn't compete with the internet boys.

That's fine and dandy if you're willing to wait on anything else you'd buy from them in the future, because they've gone out of business..

Yes, it's a balancing act... although the lack of people willing to pay the sales tax (which they don't make money from) is part of what's putting them out of business.

Just a thought.. and my $0.02...
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!