Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pomona Woodworking show...whos going???

Pomona Woodworking show...whos going???

I have had a few PM's and it looks like some friends maybe going...Gene Collison is a strong maybe, John Scane a for sure....he is taking a David Marks class...John really could give classes... I got the flyer today and it looks like a big show...big machinery...Anyone else going?
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Hi Mark,

I'am counting the days. It will be my first at the pomona show From what I understand it is larger than the costa mesa show Hope to see you there.
    Joseph Govea

Mark,

Can you post some of the info from the flyer? Or a website that better describes the events.

Unless it's this weekend (I don't think my fiance would understand if I postponed our wedding just so I could go to the show ) I'll be there. It will be my first time at an event like this so I'm really looking forward to it.

-Scott

Here is the Link and a big congradulations!
    Scott seriously which is more important a Woodworking Show or getting married?

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/i...entName=Pomona
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson
    Mark,

Can you post some of the info from the flyer? Or a website that better describes the events.

Unless it's this weekend (I don't think my fiance would understand if I postponed our wedding just so I could go to the show ) I'll be there. It will be my first time at an event like this so I'm really looking forward to it.

-Scott

Count me in, I will be there!
    Jerry

I will be there - loking forward to it - it will be my first show.

I plan to be there at least Friday and Saturday. Already got vacation for Friday, and paid for the D. Marks Cabinet Making seminar. The TWS show in Costa Mesa was far better than the one in Ontario a couple of months ago. By looking at the TWS website, I see that Kelly Mehler. I don't know about the other "How-to clinincs," but I know he made a point to cover different aspects of the same tool (speaking at the Jet booth) each time he hit that tool. For example, when covering the TS, one day he talked about ripping, another, crosscutting, and on the last day, he demonstrated cutting coves with the TS. I'm really looking forward to the show.

I'm going. Don't know if it'll be Friday or Saturday, though.

Yep I'm going......I'm going to the DM seminar on Fri morning and then to the show after....even though it's my girlfriends B-day ( she didn't want to come...and I told her it was my treat? ) do you think she will appreciate me buying something for her from the show ? Of course she can use it whenever she comes to the shop.

Thanks Mark for the compliment...maybe someday we can both be teaching the WW show circuit.

Ooooh ...B day show this is a delema....does she really like woodworking or does she like it because its your thing? John I think you should do something for her before or after... As we get closer I will confirm days and time with you...Thanks for the kind words...I lack the patience and am still trying to figure out what I'm doing
    Quote Originally Posted by John Scane
    Yep I'm going......I'm going to the DM seminar on Fri morning and then to the show after....even though it's my girlfriends B-day ( she didn't want to come...and I told her it was my treat? ) do you think she will appreciate me buying something for her from the show ? Of course she can use it whenever she comes to the shop.

Thanks Mark for the compliment...maybe someday we can both be teaching the WW show circuit.

Long-time lurker going - and note for John Hulett

I've lurked for months (I've had some trouble getting a password). I'm not only going, on Sunday I'll be working the booth for the San Fernando Valley Woodworkers.

John Hulett -In my opinion the Ontario show is much better for looking outside the tablesaw-bandsaw-jointer triangle. Ontario had much better hand tool demos. I watched Frank Klauz talk a woman through cutting her first dovetails with her new Lie-Neilson dovetail saw. Also the demo/talk by the African drum-maker was worth several times the price of admission. You will never see either of those at TWS.

My wife and will probably be there either Saturday or Sunday and would love meet some of you in person.

Chuck, welcome aboard! I look forward to learning some more about the San Fernando Valley Woodworkers. The SFV is but a hop, skip and a jump from Canyon Country.

For Doug Cowan

We're doing the show to reach people like yourself. We meet the third Thursday of each month. Our meeting is five minutes from the 405-101 junction. Send me a PM if you'd like details on the upcoming meeting.

I'll be there unless we're installing phase 2 of our drive upgrade project at work.
    I will take the David Marks class on Saterday if I go.

i'm going saturday and i am also taking david marks's class that day, after that i'll browse the show.

sascha