Thread: 'nother Uni followed me home (Gloat)

'nother Uni followed me home (Gloat)

Dang! Seems like there is a strong magnet that pulls me to old iron. Bought a Craftsman tilt top with motor for $10. Friday, then this 1947 Unisaw with 50" Biesemeyer fence and over arm blade gaurd today. Looks rough but seems to be sound and runs very smooth. Very little rust except on the top from sitting outside. Fortunatly, it was in dry Central Oregon. Needs a dust door and miter gauge. Will be fun bringing it back to nice condition. Now, need room in my shop to work on it. Time to get rid of the last Uni and the Delta Mod. 10 contractors saws that I just finished.

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    That should clean up nicely. Looking forward to the pics of your rehab.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

love that blade guard.

Hate to admit this, Dick, but I think I like your restored Craftsman cabinet saw best. It's Kewl. I have a Craftsman tool catalog from 1941, and it is amazing what they offered. What year is your machine? I remember your saying it's a keeper. There must be a story there??

I think it's great, your restoring these old machines. Hope the new owners appreciate them. Now, if you could just restore a Beaver band saw for Van Huskey, you could be an international hero.

Rick Potter
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 09-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Finished the restore on the '47 Uni. Cleaned up nice but still a lot of work. Used laminate flooring for the table extention. Very slick and sorta matches the new fence faces. Now to find someone that likes it even better than I do!

Dick
    DSCN0148.jpgDSCN0153.jpgDSCN0149.jpgDSCN0151.jpg

Slick! Nice work!

C

You're killing me here; how much was the Uni??
    Doug

Now Doug, if I tell what I paid for the old girl, someone will think I should sell it for $10. more! After all, I had all the fun of refurbishing it! Oh, what the heck, I paid $200. drove 100 miles pulling my trailer, worked many hours, bought paint, steel, table material, bolts, sand paper, wire wheels, etc. used my tractor to unload it, and strained my body moving it around the shop by myself. What do you think I should ask for it?

Will admit it has been fun!

Dick

Dick - Nice job on the restoration; it shows a lot of dedication and patience.

Based on stuff in my neck of the woods, seems like a fair asking price would be in the $500-$700 range. YMMV

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Brown View Post
    .......What do you think I should ask for it? ..........
    now that i'm trying to sell one also, a bazzillion dollars.