Thread: Block plane Id: Knobs???

Question Block plane Id: Knobs???

Everybody knows what a Stanley knob looks like, but, I have a couple knobs that AREN"T by Stanley. First off, the "typical" stanley knob:SDC13341.jpgand then the two "other" knobs I have:SDC12971.jpgand the other..SDC12970.jpgneeds some finish on it. Almost like the knob on a dunlap block plane I have..SDC13019.jpg The unfinished knob is on a DE block plane, maybe a Sargent made plane? That other "mystery" plane??? Not one mark, anywhere on it. The Dunlap has all kinds of markings on it.. The first one? Is a Stanley #110. The two planes without an ID are both about 1/2" shorter than the 110. Ideas, anyone??

Knob on the one block plane matches te knobs used on American Boy brand of planes. The other two are Sargent knobs. That #110 is getting a re-furbbed base next weekend, due to a cracked mouth on the base it has now....SDC13312.jpgugly? That Handyman plane beside, a H1249, is a keeper. Since I already have all three of the Handyman Bench planes, this is a start on the block planes. SDC13344.jpg yep, a keeper...