Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backgammon project

Very nice project - good planning and choice of materials and great woodworking.
    I've measured three times, cut twice, and it's STILL too short...

Exceptional piece. Did you do the leather work yourself? Where did you get your leather? Beautiful.

Wow Sean, that is beutiful. I love every aspect, including the lock. Your photos are just as stunning. Very well done.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Thank you, Walter. I did indeed do the leather work myself, though I must admit it wasn't the most complicated leather "work." I found a very nice leather working supplier on eBay and after explaining what I wanted to do, she set me up with a sheet of tooling leather, the knife, and couple of tools I needed to tool the points in. I then used Feibings leather dyes to color the points - just carefully painted on. Some top coats for water resistance and then gluing it down in the right place (I used my vacuum press, but just some weight probably would have worked fine). The leather edging is just strips with top coats and Feibings edge coat (like the stuff on edges of belts to seal and protect the cut edge).

Jeff, you are very kind. It was fun - lots of firsts. It gave me lots of ideas.