Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A plumb bob I made in 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Reverb View Post
    Very nice George. I still have the bob I bought right about the same time, when I was rod man on a survey crew.

The integral reel is an interesting feature on yours. Mine is still attached to the plastic, spring-loaded string reel that I used with the bob some 30 years ago...
    Ditto on the reel, mine had a target as well for those hard-to-see instances.

I still have mine, a K&E, still have the spare tack in the top compartment for "emergency" use............... good memories mostly, except for the poison oak and yellow jackets................

Great story, thanks for sharing.
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

scratching my head "I thought I was uncle Bob"

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Thomas View Post
    scratching my head "I thought I was uncle Bob"
    your name could be bob tom or tom bob

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Does anyone remember the pearl cream commercials? didn't they say "ancient chinese secret" all the time?
    I don't remember those commercials, but when I think of the phrase "ancient Chinese secret" I think of the Calgon commercials.

My plumb bob has only to do with "ancient George Secrets".

That's right, Calgon. That's the ancient Chinese secret reference. I forgot which commercial it was. I don't think they could run that one in today's PC world. George, you were probably too busy in the shop to see much prime time TV back in the day. JK

Now that it's over a week past the end of the auction, I wonder what the "ancient george secret" plumb bob brought. I can't find the auction listing on the website now that it's in the past.