Thread: Fitting a Rigid BS14002 in the back seat of my sedan, possible?

Fitting a Rigid BS14002 in the back seat of my sedan, possible?

I'm about to drive two hours to check out a Rigid BS14002 band saw. It's their 14" model from a couple years back.

I only have a small sedan, I'm wondering if it will fit if I first remove it and the motor from the base and then load them separately? I have a reasonably large trunk but the back seat does not fold down.

Will be nice to finally get a decent bandsaw in the shop.

Luke

I think it should fit. Just know that you will need another set of hands loading and unloading, as the weight will make it nearly impossible for one person to handle without tearing the car up. Be sure to remove the table as well, you dont want to risk breaking the trunnion and it will remove some weight as well.

Sure would suck to get there and it not fit. What about renting a small u-haul maybe even their van? Little added expense, but a good piece of mind. Somtimes the BORGs will have trucks for rent for like $20 a day or something. If you're going by yourself, getting something with a lift may be nice too

I brought my Delta 14" home in the back of a small Chrysler. The saw itself was in the back seat...table on the floorboard and the cabinet base/motor in the trunk.
    Mick

I hope that it will fit if is what you want.

I always get a chuckle in the parking lot of BestBuy watching people try to stick a 60" TV into a sedan or have it hanging out the trunk. I would love to sit there and record videos and then submit them to Funniest Videos.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    I brought my Delta 14" home in the back of a small Chrysler. The saw itself was in the back seat...table on the floorboard and the cabinet base/motor in the trunk.
    Yep! I'm going to be trying this Friday assuming he doesn't sell it before then. I hope not because it's just what I need. $240 is a bit steep though so we'll see what happens. I'd like to throw a riser block on there and use it to mill small logs and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Pighetti View Post
    Yep! I'm going to be trying this Friday assuming he doesn't sell it before then. I hope not because it's just what I need. $240 is a bit steep though so we'll see what happens. I'd like to throw a riser block on there and use it to mill small logs and whatnot.
    YES, $240 is more than a little bit steep considering they were clearanced a year or so back for between $60 and $199. I own three Deltas, and only paid that much for the enclosed stand with riser block one.

Any thoughts on what I can use to talk him down? I was hoping to find examples of that to use as reason for him lowering his price.

The problem is $240 can't buy me anything better right now I dont think.

Make sure you take some scrap plywood to cover the seat. Otherwise you may shred it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night