I used a 24 tooth Tenryu thin kerf blade and made the cuts I needed to. I was wrong in my posting above - I don't think they make a 40 tooth thin kerf (0.079") blade.

Anyway, I had some problems with my SawStop saw when I tried to use the thin kerf blade. The riving knife is wider than 0.079" and SawStop doesn't make a thinner one. I tried taking out the riving knife but got a red light on the control. Called SawStop and they recommended I put a piece of cardboard in the riving knife clamp. That worked fine. They also told me that they don't recommend using blades that thin because the blade can be bent if the brake engages - it may not stop the blade as quickly as a regular kerf blade.

I made the cuts I needed to but I missed the riving knife. The wood was not well behaved and tended to clamp together. No problem with control but it caused extra tooth marks in the cut.

I'm going to find a piece of sheet metal that's a bit thinner than 0.079" and make a riving knife for the next time I have to use that thin kerf Tenryu blade.

Mike