Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know where to find this dry erase board for inside a cabinet off the shelf?

Mark, that looks like it would work great. It could probably even be applied to my piece of sheetmetal for really good magnet performance.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, maybe my standards are a bit lower, but I have found that plain old white gloss masonite, found just about everywhere in 4x8 sheets for less than $20 work great for white boards. You might have to thumb thru the stack to find one with fewer scratches, but for the price it's worth it. I have one in my office right now that I made a frame for 20 years ago. I think it cleans easier than those $100+ fancy boards that the company buys. It comes in 1/8 thickness that could be glued to a piece of sheet metal.
    Maybe you could use a piece of glossy white formica. It is thin enough that if it were glued to a piece of sheet metal a magnet would stick to it pretty well .

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 09-14-2012 at 2:40 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

you can buy stainless steel that are magnetic but I not sure if they made it into sheet , if you paint a sheet metal , do it need to be black paint ?

4. I agree with Mel. Appliance case was my first thought. Then remembered that dishwasher front panels are interchangeable. Googled dishwasher front panel replacement and found multiples for <$15.

Hi Matt,

I can get 4x8 1/4" sheets of dry-erase board at my local sheet-goods supplier. IIRC, I think they run about $14.99 a sheet. Have you checked with your local supplier?

Blog Entries
    Matt her's a couple of links I found looking for Magnetic dry erase boards.

Amazon

Free Shipping

Depend upon the size you want the prices aren't too bad.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have one, and got it at Staples, an office supply store. It had a frame that I tossed out. It's just a sheet of white metal now.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I'll have to check Staples out in person. I bought one once and made a new frame for an easel. It was super-thin sheetmetal over a foam core.

I've made dry erase/magnetic surfaces by laminating vertical grade laminate on to sheets of steel. Pretty common practice in the retail fixture world.

You may want to look at Office Depot too.

Try diamondlifegear.com. I got a 24" x72" panel cut into 2 11" x72" pieces. The charge $1 per cut. High quality.

Lowes and Home Cheezepo sell metal backsplash painted white (and other colors), mostly used for on the wall behind stoves, but should work for what you need. Just needs to be cut to your specs.