Thread: Porter cable 552 production pocket hole cutter

Porter cable 552 production pocket hole cutter

I have a PC 552 bench top pocket hole machine thats missing the routers and i'm giving it away to who ever wants it that is local. Otherwise it's going to the scrap yard. If anyone local wants it they can pick it up. Sorry for posting here but I'm not a contributor and I figure I would atleast give someone a shot to save this machine before I send it off to the scrap yard.
    002 (601 x 800).jpg001 (601 x 800).jpg003 (800 x 601).jpg004 (800 x 601).jpg

I'm guessing your thread will be removed once a moderator catches on to what your trying to do.

The real question is why not post it on CL or any of the other sites for which you don't need to pay? It's still worth something even without the routers so scrapping would be essentially taking money out of your wallet and throwing it in the trash

JeffD

Blog Entries
    Alan,
    Why not go ahead and become a contributor? Just wondering why anyone would not want to join.
    Is 6 bucks really a problem for you? That's about the cost of one fancy cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I have been a contributor since 2003 and nothing bad has happened to me because of it. Only good!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 09-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Honestly I really wish I knew what I was trying to do except maybe give away a tool that was given to me but have no desire to invest money into it. If a mod wants to remove this thread than so be it and it will just go to the scrap yard sooner!. I have no desire to profit from it and thought a fellow wood worker might be interested in it.

Darn nice...

Darn nice of you, I'd say.

I once had the good fortune of a similar offer for a Delta combination belt and disc sander that was in 'pieces.' Turns out, it was about an hour's worth of fooling around with to get it going good. I only have occasional use for it, but it's been going strong now for quite a few years. Every once in a while I run into the guy who had offered it up and gave it away, as he 'runs' in the woodworking circles around here and after trying to figure it out, have come up with the conclusion of three things: he had no use for it, didn't want to fool around with it, and just as soon wanted to find a home for it with someone who would use and appreciate it.

Anyway, here's hoping someone close to you sees this and takes advantage of your offer. I like the concept of...what goes around, comes around.
    Sierra Madre Sawing and Milling
    Sierra Madre, California

I'd grab it for spare parts, if you were anywhere near. Don't know why the moderators would remove a post where you are giving something away, but if you have any interest in woodworking this is the place to be. Join up. If you don't think you got your $6 worth at the end of a year, I will repay you.

Rick Potter

I thought it was gonna be gone about a month ago but they changed there mind at the last minute. I guess the cost of shipping was probably what did it and I just don't feel like running around again to find out a shipping price for someone again. Thats why I said local only this time.

That was me Alan and I am truely sorry to inconvienece you. I'll gladly pay your $6 contributor fee if the mods will let me so you can get it gone sooner if needed.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I sent a $6 payment for you to become a contributor. I also emailed teh sawmillcreek sales@nothwindassociates email ddress or whatever paypal linked to to tell them what I did. Thanks again for checking for me.

Mikie
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I appreciate the thought Mike. I wouldn't call it an inconvenience and I understand why you came to the decision that you did. That's why I'm putting in the stipulation of it being local because of what it could cost to ship it to some one.

Who knows I might have a change of heart and be willing to ship it to whoever wants to pay the shipping for it.

Alan - I know you said you are looking for a local pickup but If you would be willing to ship it to me I would be most grateful! I can send you a payment via Paypal for the shipping cost. I would love to rebuild that machine and I just happen to have a spare PC690 motor in my shop. I could never afford to buy one new and they almost never show up on eBay. I'd really hate to see it end up at the scrap yard. Please, Please, Please let me know if you would be willing to do this for a fellow wood butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tofstad View Post
    Alan - I know you said you are looking for a local pickup but If you would be willing to ship it to me I would be most grateful! I can send you a payment via Paypal for the shipping cost. I would love to rebuild that machine and I just happen to have a spare PC690 motor in my shop. I could never afford to buy one new and they almost never show up on eBay. I'd really hate to see it end up at the scrap yard. Please, Please, Please let me know if you would be willing to do this for a fellow wood butcher.
    you will not regret your efforts in obtaining this wonderful machine! ever since i got one of these off of craigslist a few years ago, my joints are actually flush now without going through excessive amounts of clamping like i required when i was using the kreg. i still have a portable kreg for stuff that doesn't need to be precise but i can't imagine trying to build cabinets without one of these now.

well it looks like it would be a project to rebuild it. Wish I were local to the lonestar state!
    Last edited by Erik Tofstad; 09-20-2012 at 5:14 PM.

Just an update. The pocket hole cutter has been picked up and is in a new home!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    Just an update. The pocket hole cutter has been picked up and is in a new home!
    great to hear! that makes two happy campers