Thread: experiences with Ken Craft Co.

experiences with Ken Craft Co.

Can anyone share purchasing experiences on dust collection stuff from Ken Craft Company? Good or no so good.
    The pricing is attractive.

They are local to me. I've only bought a couple pieces of ductwork from them over the years but what I did buy was nice. From what I've seen its a bit of a mix between really nice HVAC style stuff and specialty. For example, reducers were nice thick HVAC style parts where Wyes were specialty DC parts. I buy quite a bit of lumber and plywood from them. I've also had them build butcher block tops which turned out great and they made a run of custom-engraved push sticks our club gave out to members last year as Christmas gifts.

Its a family owned company--husband (Ken, but Craft is not their last name) and wife, their son, and his wife are the main employees. All are nice people. Ken himself often waits on me and even recently delivered a load of plywood to me and toured my shop. And I just talked to him yesterday about some trim I'm looking for in my kitchen.

If there's something in particular you are wondering about, I'm headed there today or tomorrow to pick up some oak, depending on when an order I placed at the nearby Woodcraft arrives. Let me know ASAP and I'll look.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 09-18-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Great company--I've driven there a few times (90 miles) for some specialty wood items. Real nice folks, and very helpful. Can't comment on the fittings as I've only ever bought wood there.
    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves"-Albert Einstein

I've bought their dust fittings for years and happy. Some Oneida fittings may be a little nicer but for the price I generally go Kencraft unless they don't make what I need. I like them better than the Blastgate co fittings as they are outside to inside and not undersized. Their 2.5 radius ells are very good. Dave

I have bought several pieces of the heavy gauge stuff. I got two types of 90 bends that were in between machines - lengths were different. I like them. Great if you can use spiral and justify shipping.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I bought a bunch of stuff from him. The real problem is his inventory seems to be somewhat spotty. Not everything I in his catalog did he have available. I've got his 6x6x4 Y's (real nice) and the long sweep elbows (I even have a spare or two if someone wants, plus a lot of the black plastic "flexible" hose in 4 and 2").

I've bought several dust collection fittings (wyes, reducers and long sweep elbows) from them this past July. For the build quality of the components, they had the best prices I could find and that was after a lot of research. Transaction went well. Would recommend.

Blastgateco had better pricing on gates and more choices for collector hose.

Matt
    It is not specific - whole range of fittings for setup. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks to all who responded. This makes me feel very comfortable with them as a supplier.
    Last edited by Don Jeansonne; 09-18-2012 at 2:23 PM. Reason: addtional comments.