Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the <$300 bandsaws?

Where are the <$300 bandsaws?

When I search on here for bandsaw threads, there are a lot of references to the older Rigids and other saws.

I cannot seem to find any worthy bandsaws nearby, and my previous landlord wont sell me the 10" old delta I used for ~3 years. My production has come to a standstill because of this issue and I can't stand for it anymore. The delta had a 6" resaw and the ability to install a riser block. I only need a 7" throat and a 4" resaw (although 6 or even 12 would be amazing), anything larger is pointless to me.

The big box stores dont seem to carry any bandsaws anymore. What gives?

What are my options? Craigslist is coming up short and I need to order something soon. Shelling out $600 for the grizzly is just too rich for my blood. Any suggestions?

All I'm doing is cutting 12" x 3" cross section mahogany into 1.5" x 6" x 3" chunks. Anything else can be done on my smaller (essentially a toy) bandsaw.

Your location would help if you'd like people to help you find something...

My question is, how much production have you lost by not buying the $600 Grizzly? Essentially we are taking about $300 here. You know what they say, "Cry once".

I'm thinking of snagging the 10" rikon with amazon prime. All I meant about te pricing on the rigid is if you compare it to the grizzly it's kind of a no brainer. I'd buy the rikon now if I knew it could take a riser block. I dont think it can though. There is a 12" craftsman nearby (similar to the rigid) for about $200. That might be the way to go?

Id pick up that grizzly ASAP except that it's a six hour drive from where I am located now.

You don't live near any bigger cities where you can find a used 14" on CL? I see them often. I bought an older one a while back for $150 and it has worked extremely well for me.

By the way...since you are already looking for a bandsaw, I would HIGHLY recommend at least a 14". If you have never used one you will not believe the difference between that and a smaller one.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Folks, links to eBay are not allowed per the TOS. Links to Craigslist are only allowed in our Deals & Discounts forum.

Thanks
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Serch ebay for $0-$300 bandsaws. Sort by location.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    You don't live near any bigger cities where you can find a used 14" on CL? I see them often. I bought an older one a while back for $150 and it has worked extremely well for me.

By the way...since you are already looking for a bandsaw, I would HIGHLY recommend at least a 14". If you have never used one you will not believe the difference between that and a smaller one.
    I used to live about 2 hours from Boston, but now I'm further north. Nearest city is still Boston but it's about 4.5 hours away.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-18-2012 at 8:09 PM.

You realize by the time you pay to crate a $300 machine and ship it by freight, its going to cost you at least a couple hundred bucks more right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    You realize by the time you pay to crate a $300 machine and ship it by freight, its going to cost you at least a couple hundred bucks more right?
    I figure this is the case, but I haven't seen the hard numbers yet so it's still an option worthy of consideration.

Anyone know what it will cost to fix the Jet? Are parts still available for it? I have someone locally who will cut my stock now until I can get a bandsaw.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-18-2012 at 8:09 PM. Reason: Removed active CL link.

Wish you were a little closer I have a 16" grizzly that I would like to get out of my shop. I got a bigger Grizzly BS and don't use the smaller one except to pile stuff on.
    Fred

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G0580-...izzley+bandsaw

Check that out! And only $79 to ship. ( i hope that link was not a violation, if so, sorry)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Belknap View Post
    Wish you were a little closer I have a 16" grizzly that I would like to get out of my shop. I got a bigger Grizzly BS and don't use the smaller one except to pile stuff on.
    Fred..yer just a few miles off 79...great area... had a friend from there that was a school teacher here in Berkeley Co... some good folk down yer way!!!
    Give an honest days work for an honest days pay