Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 Year Old Delta Unisaw

I bought the exact same saw sans blade guard 3 years ago in "new" condition for $1200 and still feel like it was a good deal. Several guys were lined up behind me to buy it. I added a Biesemeyer splitter (and recently a SharkGuard), which took it from a good saw to a very good saw. I wouldn't own an older unisaw now without the Biese splitter.

I bought the exact same saw this summer for $1000 and it came with many extras including a folding back extension table and table to the right of the saw, mobile stand, splitters, blades, lots of cherry and cabinet grade plywood, etc. The seller wanted far more than that, so I waited two months for him to lower it. $1400 is top dollar in my opinion. Saying that, that model saw is a work horse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Walsh View Post
    I have a chance to purchase a 11 year old 3-hp unisaw with Biesemeyer 52" fence and Biesemeyer blade gaurd. Saw is in like-new condition with very little use. Seller is asking $1400 for saw, mobile base and a few extras. Is this a fair price? Also, have any important improvements been made to the newer models that I would be missing out on?
    I wonder if this is supposed to be a Biesmeyer Overarm Blade Guard. If so, That's like $400 for a new one, and used ones are kind of hard to find.

The overarm guard is the only blade guard from Biesmeyer that I know of ??

Would help justify the price.

PHM
    Last edited by Paul McGaha; 09-20-2012 at 3:10 PM.