Thread: ridgid msuv fence/stop

ridgid msuv fence/stop

I really like my ridgid msuv but it seems everything I cut falls in between the saw table and the rollers which can be used as a stop. I need to add some sort of fence/stop system to it. Anyone done this? How did you attach it to the msuv platform? Permanent attachment (I'd prefer) or temporary/clamp on?

thanks for any tips/advice. DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

I'm not really all that familar with the Ridgid I personally own the Bosch. It would seem as though you will have to fabricate something just looking at the pictures on Ridgids website. My Bosch stand has clamps for my scms to bolt to and a certian spot to clamp the saw on the stand for balance. If there is a clamping system for your stand then you could make a table and fence, mount it to the clamps??? I don't know what you are cutting, or working on that requires many pieces the same size. I think these setups are really more geared toward trim work and not so much like framing and production type work where a Radial Arm Saw (RAS) may be more desireable. When I was building houses out in Denver 30+ years ago we has an old chevy flatbed with a RAS built off the back of the bed with 10' tables with legs hinged off each side, it was the nutz! Good Luck!

Thanks. The saw bolts to the bed of the msuv through predrilled holes. There aren't any predrilled holes for the fences I want to add but I was hoping maybe someone had come up with something to prevent having to drill more holes. I'm just an occasional hobbyist user, but it seems that every time I need to make matching pieces, the length fall into a "no-man's land" that makes it difficult to get them all the same.

I bet that RAF (radial arm flatbed) was something to see!
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken