Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: pen exchange photos 2012

Rob, good to have you back! I oddly enough, ended up with 3 partners. One went AWOL on me, so I HAD an extra all boxed up. Unfortunately, Jim Burr took me up on my offer to do another swap with anyone interested already (that made him my first and thrid partner!). Oh, and I don't mean "unfortunately" in the sense that it was unfortunate for ME (that actually worked out GREAT!!!), but rather for you in that you could have still done it. Sorry. Catch ya next year!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Tennant Creek , Northern Territory, Australia.
    This is the pen that I sent to Kieth Outten for the 2012 pen swap
    The pen is a Baron dressed in Bauhinia blakeana common name Hong Kong Orchid.
    http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=ho...r:9,s:100,i:31

Last edited by Mark Eisen; 01-07-2013 at 4:49 AM. Reason: grammer

That's very unique! I've never seen one with inlay before. Nicely done!

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Here are few pens I made. The flame and yellow star pens are both inlaid with acrylic which was cut on the laser. Time consuming but I think they came out pretty decent. The bolt action pens were done for a customer. The blue & white swirls I made by casting the blank using Alumilite.

StarsPen.jpgBoltActionPens.jpgFlamePen.jpgBlueWhiteSwirlPen.jpg
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Mike, nice pens. Who did you swap them with?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Mike, nice pens. Who did you swap them with?
    Hi Mike...thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by swap them with? I am new to the turning forum. I am usually in the Engravers Forum.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeRegnaucourt View Post
    Hi Mike...thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by swap them with? I am new to the turning forum. I am usually in the Engravers Forum.
    I think you posted your pens in the incorrect forum. That's why you are getting the question from Mike C., but for the life of me I'm not certain where you should be posting your pens!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Cameron View Post
    I'm not certain where you should be posting your pens!
    This would be the correct forum but Mike's pens would get more exposure if he just posted them in a new thread.

Nice pens, Mike!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug W Swanson View Post
    This would be the correct forum but Mike's pens would get more exposure if he just posted them in a new thread.

Nice pens, Mike!
    Thank you Doug! I appreciate it very much. I will peruse around the Turners forum more.

Sorry if I posted my pens in the incorrect thread. Regardless, it is great to hear feedback on your workmanship.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Sorry, Mike, yeah, this is the right forum (Turner's Forum). But this thread was about a pen swap here on SMC where people opted in to swap a pen with another turner. I wasn't sure if you were just posting pens that you made, or if you were just late in posting pics of the pens that you made for the swap, or what. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt...that it was just that you were late in posting your pics.

So, go ahead and start a new thread posting the pics of your pens with descriptions. If you just want to share them with everyone, that's perfectly fine. If you want C&C (comments and critique) on them, be sure to ask for it in your thread.

And welcome to the Turning forum!
    I drink, therefore I am.