View Poll Results: What kind of Tomatoes do you like?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Any Tomato can't be all bad

17 26.56%
  • Tart Tomatoes

7 10.94%
  • Sweet Tomatoes

15 23.44%
  • No Yellow Tomatoes

1 1.56%
  • Two things money can't buy, true love or home grown tomatoes

46 71.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Thoughts on Tomatoes

Blog Entries
    I hate tomatoes with no taste. The heirloom tomatoes are pretty good. Most tomatoes in restaurants are tomato shaped objects - totally undeserving of classification as tomatoes. They are bred for durability and taste suffers.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    I hate tomatoes with no taste. The heirloom tomatoes are pretty good. Most tomatoes in restaurants are tomato shaped objects - totally undeserving of classification as tomatoes. They are bred for durability and taste suffers.
    Tomato shaped objects - well said.

I like mine sliced with mayo between 2 slices of bread, add salt and pepper. Glass of iced tea is optional but preferred.

When it comes to store- or restaurant-bought tomatoes, I eat 'em. Home-grown? I enjoy eating them. Still picking them out of our garden, too--we had a great crop this year, plus our church has a huge community garden, so we had even more varieties. Grape, pear, cherry, roma, early bird, yellow girl, and a bunch of others I don't recall.

Now, do we need to start another thread on hot peppers? Wooooooo! Blblblblblblblblb!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Romas are my favorite

Blog Entries
    Tomatoes are the only reason I grow a garden. This year I tried a couple heirloom varieties and wasn't impressed. Purple Cherokee were sweeter than I like, prone to cracking, and just not that great of a tomato for my taste.
    The most popular crop growing in home gardens is tomatoes and has been for years.

My wife likes the sweet ones. This year we have the Purple Cherokee and it is one that is all hers.

I have a yellow cherry that I thought was Gold Nugget, but it seems a bit different this year since it doesn't crack as much and the flavor is a bit better imo.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I love tomatoes but can't remember the last time I had a good one. We have to buy ours from the store but even the stuff they say is home grown here in Missouri isn't good--no flavor. I'm from Ohio and I remember, like somebody else said, they didn't always make it to the kitchen from the garden.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7