Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

1 Oct 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
    It was a gray, rainy, over-cast weekend here. Temps were cool and reminded me that I still need to get some more firewood for the winter. I cleared out my existing firewood inventory to find that ants got in a lot of it over the summer months...so I piled it up on the "burn pile" and burned it. Spent some time helping my #2 son repair his motorcycle which required taking the left side of his motor apart to replace an inner seal. Ended up not being too bad, but it was enough to remind me that I'm not a true lover of being a mechanic.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Put struts and an exhaust on my MIL car. Not as much fun as it sounds. Then wired up my dust collector and new 20 inch planer in the garage and took it for a test run. then I watched the Bills put on a clinic of how not to play football.

Blog Entries
    Finished a dish cabinet for the wife and got it moved into the house.cab1.jpgcab2.jpgcab3.jpg
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Cut and planed the first of a few pieces of 8/4 walnut for the leg vise on my Nicholson bench. Hoping to get that glued up this week before I have to run off and get married this weekend.

Worked on the kitchen space and cleaned out the basement since we have a rolloff container on site. Taking today off and have a contractor friend here continuing the same. The goal is to have painting done by Thursday because the flooring people come Friday. Then next week is the big install.

Edit: Install is scheduled. One week from today! Woohoo!
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 10-01-2012 at 3:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    I had a weekend of fishing on the big blue. A few tuna and yellowtail. It was the classic cliche, " you should have been here yesterday." All in all, very nice.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Spent time with an angle grinder, cutoff and grinding wheels, and a file... Cutting down a Harbor Freight Universal Winch Mounting channel to fit the frame rails on my truck. I am at the point i Have 4 holes to drill, and then prime and paint the thing, assemble the winch to it, and shove it all in place. Slot and drill the bumper to install the fairlead, and run that through, wire it up, and test it out...

Tonight I go home, grab dinner, and LOML and I get busy working on the shop, cleaning up, and moving everything to the far wall. Once it is empty, the east wall sheet rock starts coming down in prep for the electrical isntall coming up in a week and a half...Then we insulate the walls, and throw fresh sheet rock up... Can't wait till it's done.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Hi Dennis - man have I missed this thread! It's been a busy summer for us with home renovations, and a lot of craziness with kids activities and work. My "shop" is essentially packed away until we complete the work, but we have a move-in date for next week so I am looking forward to planning my layout and unpacking (I get a slightly larger space due to a full-basement new foundation for an addition). I guess my "weekend accomplishments" these past few weekends have been catching up on a lot of posts here.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

We bought some of those old metal chairs like my grandparents used to have from a local auction. The yard chairs that were a nice lime green. I started stripping those with a chemical stripper, yeah, too much work. So I went and bought a grinder with some stripping wheels. Right down to the bare metal I got. Man that thing is nice. Anyhow, got them primered up and repainted.