Thread: Into the Vortex

Into the Vortex

Walnut with paint & metallic gels. about 10 inches in diameter. this geometric reminds me of ancient religious carvings in stone, but I can't remember the people that I think might have made something similar. When one views this wall art there is an optical illusion and one feels drawn "down the rabbit hole"
    Hope you enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Michelle,

Another wonderful piece. Well done.

Alan

Very cool! I definitely get a sense of motion when looking at the center! Great effect!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Michelle,
    Your geometric art keeps getting more interesting. This is a fine piece of wall art. It's fun experimenting with finishes when you get these results.
    faust

Michelle, Although not normally my cup of tee, always appreciated however, this one I really like. It is amazing how it moves and really does draw you in. Do you finish with an air brush or are the finishes wiped on and then wipe off for the highlighted areas?
    Darren in Oshawa

Very pretty, Michelle. I love the colors. It looks like a piece that's been naturally aged.....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Another winner from Michelle.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

That's pretty cool Michelle. Perhaps could it be similar to Mayan art? Seems like some possible similarities...but none like yours! It does have a bit more primitive look than your other work, which makes for an older look. I guess the other thing it kinda reminds me of is a Scottish targe.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Beautiful piece Michelle. I really like this one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

enjoyed........

Great piece Michelle. I find it interesting and cool. Very nice work.

Thanks all..your comments are appreciated
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Just got to get my likes alot in.Great job.

Great looking piece Michelle! Color and finish do look like they've been nicely aged and I agree with Tim that it has a Mayan look to it.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Darren:no, no airbrush...I had a look in mind and had no clue as how to achieve it. I used the metallic gels on the walnut (no longer made..mine are VERY old...I would think that the product today called RUN n BUFF might substitute) It was not what I wanted.So I hit it with black acyrlics..then different colored metallics again. It is not quite as I envisioned before I started, but it's as good as it is going to get.