Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavier duty VFD control

The VFD we are currently supplying to customers has a removable keyboard which can then be remotely connected back to the VFD using an ethernet cable. I have found an ethernet splitter that enables us to use a second keyboard which has been handy. The manufacturer told us it could not be done but we proved him wrong.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    Usually you can use the three phase mag starter to supply a run permit to the drive
    Hi,

here are a few pictures of the magnetic starter that came with the unisaw. If this is suitable to use as the on-off switch for the VFD, I'd love to but don't know how it would be wired. I would plan to add in the 10k pot for speed control, and a reverse switch - not for the table saw, but for the lathe that would also use this VFD. Wiring the pot is not a problem - it would be the same as what I have now. But, my current power/reverse setup is an on-off-on switch, with "left" being reverse and "right" being forward. there are 3 wires from this switch going to the VFD. I've attached pictures in this post and the next to show what I have.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

More pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images