Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Not much shop time. Cleaned a couple of rusty plans. Got this electro cleaning down fairly good.
    Mostly hung around the house. Wifes father isn't doing too good. Prostate cancer. He and his wife live here on our property, so they are close.
    All of his kids and grandkids came down to see him before He gets worse. He's pretty well bed ridden now. On morphine.
    Not a happy time right now.
    Steve, Loml and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
    All I did was work on my Mom's house in southern Missouri, 4 hour drive, all day saturday and half of sunday, then come home and cut grass. No shop time for me.
    Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Met a creeker...bought a bench :)

I blame it all on the creek...

Early last week while doing my normal wading in the creek, I spotted a classified... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=19114
    A fellow creeker from here in NH is selling his shop in preparation for a big move...

Well, I've been planning a large shaker style bench for quite a while, assembling some of the vise hardware, and such...but benches, as rewarding as they are to build, take a lot of shop time. When I saw the Diefenbach shaker style benches for sale, I called Greg asap.... Diefenbach is one of the real quality benches out there in my opinion, and the "ultimate American" as this German made beast is called is the one I would have chosen if I was buying new. Not a tool tray fan, I'll probably make an insert to fill in the tray flush with the bench top.

Well, swmbo not only thought the purchase was great, she wanted to take the drive on Saturday to pick it up, so early Saturday morning we headed up toward Wilmot...what a view from his home/shop, sitting at the top of small mountain...

Was very nice to meet Greg and everything he was selling was as described...the bench had seen little use and cleaned up very nice. He had obviously put a great deal of work into his shop, and while he is off on a new adventure, it is always a little sad to see a shop getting broken up....

This is a massive bench, rock solid... cleaned up the vise hardware a little, took a cabinet scraper to the top, and some fresh oil all around...she cleaned up real nice... Now to make a dozen wood bench dogs and put the factory supplied brass ones in the back of one of the drawers

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday!

Oh, to satisfy the pic police, here are a couple of shots of the bench in its new home...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a lot of shop time, just some cleaning, sharpening, and practicing dovetails. Really beautiful weather so outside a lot.

Michael Perata, Are you building the bench top out of Lyptus. I picked up some recently and was surprised at how heavy it was. Thought to myself that it would be nice for a bench, though I've "heard" that light colored woods reflect more light making it eaier to work on.