Thread: A Good Day's Work

A Good Day's Work

Hard to believe that early this morning, Saturday, all I had was a foundation and slab. I'd say they did a pretty darn good day's work. They plan to be back tomorrow morning to start framing the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    How exciting!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Somebody knows what they are doing and work together well!

Congratulations and keep us informed!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Raise High the Roof Beam Carpenters and Manuel. ( apologies to J.D. Salinger) Sunday was another great day, sunrise to moonrise. It's just now beginning to dawn on me how much room I'll have when it's done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glenn,

That is what I call a shop. Wow, I really like your design so far. I like steep roofs. When we remodeled hour house, I built my roof with a 6 1/2" in 12" pitch. That was hard to walk on. It looks like yours, the roofer will have to be strapped on.

Thank for the photo's, Sam

Steep roof = great for shedding snow!
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

In planning the shop, the upper area started out to be just a low space to store a few jigs and other junk that creates clutter on the shop floor. Then my builder said why not use attic trusses which would give enough height to stand up. Then I said I'd really like to make the shop look like an old New England farm building, you know, steep pitched roof, white siding, green shingles and some (fake) stone around the base. So the builder said well, it generally takes a crane to set trusses and we would have trouble getting one back there so let's just frame it with 12/12 pitch, put tie rafters horizontally at 9ft. and you'll have all the room in the world up there. So that's how we came up with the design over a period of about a year.