Thread: Where To Buy Laguna Mobile DC?

Where To Buy Laguna Mobile DC?

I'm going to be in the market for the Laguna Mobile Cyclone Dust Collector. I've read that it is best not to purchase it from Laguna direct, as their customer service is not the best. I'd buy it from Woodcraft, but they want an additional $75, on top of CA tax. I guess I'm wondering if there's a good, reputable dealer that maybe does free shipping and maybe even a price break from the $1349 at Woodcraft?

I disagree, Laguna's CS is actually pretty decent in my experience. In the past it was definitely suspect, but in the last 2-3 years, they have really stepped up their game. Laguna is definitely not as good as Grizzly, but not shabby either.

in addition, no matter what, if something goes wrong you will using Laguna's CS anyways, so you mine as well buy direct from them. Use a good credit card just in case and for peace of mind.

I guess I should give my reason...a friend ordered the same DC directly from Laguna, close to a year ago. He really had to badger them to get a response to his purchase inquiry. Finally, after some time, he gave up and went directly to Woodcraft, where he got great service and got his DC. He advised me to go through Woodcraft for the purchase.

Derek, Call Rick Kerrigan @ Laguna, I have worked with him for years and he has never let me down...

If you are still looking for a retailer, Rockler has some Laguna stuff on display at my local store.

Rick Potter

Yeah...just got an email ad about Laguna being 10% off right now. Price is down below other places. Don't know if the "free shipping over $49" also applies, but it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Miller View Post
    Derek, Call Rick Kerrigan @ Laguna, I have worked with him for years and he has never let me down...
    Pretty much everyone I have worked with has been phenomenal. Either via Laguna's chat function, email or phone.

Even though they have spent time talking to me, the only thing I own from them is a resaw king blade, but have been considering a LT18 3000 up until I bought a used Meber 20" bandsaw.

Woodwerks in Columbus, OH is a Laguna dealer. They are good people to deal with (a decent chance you'll deal with one of the owners, or if not, a long-time employee, and they are currently advertising $49 shipping on Laguna including residential liftgate delivery.

http://www.woodwerks.com/cyclones-c-878_884.html

I ended up buying from Rockler. They had a 10% off sale and $49 for shipping. That made it well below the going price. The machine is drop shipped from Laguna, so I guess I'll have to call them to find out how they ship. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Olson View Post
    Pretty much everyone I have worked with has been phenomenal. Either via Laguna's chat function, email or phone.

Even though they have spent time talking to me, the only thing I own from them is a resaw king blade, but have been considering a LT18 3000 up until I bought a used Meber 20" bandsaw.
    I needed to upgrade my BS for some veneer work, needed more resaw. I called Rick @ Laguna and I purchased a demo LT18 3000. Well after getting the unit to my shop and quite a few hours of working to get this unit to resaw correctly I was at wits end, this unit was really stumping me. Rick and I were trying to figure out solutions, then I figured it out, the frame was bent. I know I should have had Rick check into the history of this unit on pick up, but I did not. Rick took the machine back and I upgraded to the unit I really should have bought in the first place, LT 16HD. Man what a difference between the two.

After setting this machine up in my shop, about 45 minutes worth of work, installing a RK 1 3/8" blade, inside of 3 minutes of adjusting the guides and tension, 1/16" veneers were coming out perfect. Yes I did add the Driftmaster fence as well. Now I change blades and I adjust drift in just minutes.

Rick as usual gave me great deals on everything. I have to admit, Festool has top notch customer service and I would have no problem saying Laguna Tools, for me that is, comes in 2nd to Festool...
    Last edited by Ted Miller; 10-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    I ended up buying from Rockler. They had a 10% off sale and $49 for shipping. That made it well below the going price. The machine is drop shipped from Laguna, so I guess I'll have to call them to find out how they ship. Thanks for the help.

Hi Derek,

Why the Laguna DC and not something from Griz/Onieda/CV? I was looking at the 3hp unit as a contender. Which one did u purchase?

Thanks!

There's a few reasons why. Size is first...I have a small garage shop where space is at a premium, so smaller the better.
    i also wanted a remote and bag suction in the can to make cleanout easy and Laguna provides those at no additional cost. Of course good suction is important and this machine rates well at that. I also need something that is portable. I had a 2hp Oneida Gorilla, but sold it before I moved, because I new I needed something with a much smaller footprint, shorter and with the ability to be moved around easily.
    If i were going to use this machine day-in and day-out and make a living with it, I would probably go Oneida, but for me, this is a hobby and the Laguna is already over kill. Finally, the Laguna has the best price, with all ad-ons included. Right now, at $1214, it is hundreds below the competition. Rockler's sale is over in a few days. So, there you have it.