Thread: Jet Molding Knives

Jet Molding Knives

After a lot of deliberation and a posting here I have decided to go with the Jet JPM 13 molder.

Now that I have made this decision (will order from Amazon), where do you get the knives from? I have had a hard time finding them online.

I have heard the knives for the grizzly molder will also work in this machine. Has anyone had any experience doing this? Would they recommend another route (not necessarily another machine though)

Thanks

Simon

Woodmaster Tools. 1-800-821-6651
    They also have a website. Do a goggle search. They have a standard cutter list there.
    Also make custom knives. I have and do buy from them.
    Steve

I thought they only made tools for there own molder that they sell. Do these knives work on the Jet then??

Thanks

If your using a stock profile the Grizz knifes are fine. They are FAR cheaper than custom knives. They arent as good of quality tool steel as some of the best custom knives, but at 1/4 to 1/3 the price, who cares.

Jet makes custom knives but hold your wallet. If you can find a local millwork shop they probably will make some for you. My understanding is that woodmaster will make them for nearly any machine.

My last set of 3 (for the Jet 13) custom knives for a 5" profile were around $225.00

Its a nice machine, enjoy!

They make all makes and styles. 1/8, 1/4, 1/4 corrugated, 5/16 corrugated. Take a look at the stock molding knives they have. Theres hundreds of them.
    Custom knive do run more moola.
    Just tell them the machine you have.

Simon I bought one set of moulding cutters from Grizzly,so far have made a 200 ft. or so of moulding seem to be ok,also bought a second set of knives also. I have an older blue Jet jpm13 planer moulder. I wired mine 220 and it seems to run better.

Tom

Ditto on Toms post. I've used grizzly knives and bought some Jet knives from my local Woodcraft store. Mine has always been wired for 220V.